TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Got message saying V6 was going to download, but then it didn't happen

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by ecarfan, Feb 7, 2014.

1. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

My dad emailed me last night to say:

"Version 6 will download tonight at 9 p.m., the message said on the display.

"The message was quite large and announced the v. 6 would be downloaded and gave three options:
    9 pm
    set time
    do not

Those are not exact quotes. I tapped on "9 p.m." and assumed that was what I was supposed to do.
    No message since."

He has an S85 that he got last October. I also have an S85 but left it at home today for my wife to drive, had to go to work early so no time to power up my S and check my display. But I don't see any posts from other owners about seeing a similar message in their cars.

That seems very odd that my dad's S said that V6 was going to download and then nothing happened.

2. Musterion

Musterion 18h 03m 37s −24° 23′ 12″

This seems a bit odd since up to now, the car has never announced which exact version it was installing (and this has been a highly requested feature).

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

I find it surprising that it said which version before installing. If true, it's great to see Tesla's heard that request and responded.

4. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

Yes, sure and okay to all those responses.....but: has anyone else received that statement? My screen hasn't alerted me (just checked. 0942 AK STD Time).

5. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for 5.8.6/7

6. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

Picture or it didn't happen.

7. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX;S90D;XP100D;3LR

#7 stevezzzz, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
    I saw a notice of new firmware available displayed on the 17" last evening, and accepted it for installation overnight, though I had people in the car and didn't pay attention to the details; but I don't think it announced the new version number. I haven't been out to the garage yet to see if it installed, or what version it is.

[update]

Ah, nuts: it's just 5.8.7. Move along, nothing to see here...

8. gbdesai

gbdesai Member

Elon just tweeted v6 is coming soon, need to make it perfect...

9. tomas

tomas Only partially psycho

6.0 is going to be Tweet!?!?!

Tweet from EM today: "Tesla V6 software upload coming soon. Need to make sure it is "awesome" - Lord Business.
    Reply from a tweeter: V6??? But Teslas are electric! ;)
    For a second I thought we had a range enhancer coming!