Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got My 2021 VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My advice is to call. When we picked up our MX it hadn't been prepped at all, and we had to wait an hour for them to do so. Our Model 3 delivery was on time, but I'd definitely call to confirm they'll be ready for you.
I agree, definitely recommend calling. I called yesterday 3 hours before my scheduled pickup appointment. That is when I was informed the vehicle was damaged. Pictures were sent and could tell vehicle definitely not prepped, could tell not even washed. I rejected the vehicle and I am now waiting for a new VIN match. Tesla handled well and great transparency. These things happen.

0-FB81-F11-1-A06-4389-B61-A-5-FF6-CB668-A44.webp

Some people are now reporting problems with the new laminted windows hitting the trim? What's going on at Tesla?

I agree, definitely recommend calling. I called yesterday 3 hours before my scheduled pickup appointment. That is when I was informed the vehicle was damaged. Pictures were sent and could tell vehicle definitely not prepped, could tell not even washed. I rejected the vehicle and I am now waiting for a new VIN match. Tesla handled well and great transparency. These things happen.
Got a new VIN already, 1 day! 675xxx hopefully it ships soon, previous car was 627xx. I am asking for the build date to understand how long it may take to get here.

Please report back if you got laminated windows. Congrats!!
Nope (636xx) born on 10/16 which must have been the final production day with normal glass. I've seen people on reddit with born on dates of 10/17 with the laminated glass.

Rear bumper cover needed replacement which they were able to do today, there were also some minor paint issues that they corrected while we hung out at a local park. Had some adhesive on the headliner as well.

• Helpful
Reactions: 907XCP
Nope (636xx) born on 10/16 which must have been the final production day with normal glass. I've seen people on reddit with born on dates of 10/17 with the laminated glass.

Rear bumper cover needed replacement which they were able to do today, there were also some minor paint issues that they corrected while we hung out at a local park. Had some adhesive on the headliner as well.
Glad you have your car!

Did you take a checklist? If yes can you share it?
Is there any place in the Tesla sales office where you can hang out if required or do you have to leave?
I was thinking about take Uber to the sales office and I will have to find a coffee shop nearby to hang out of delivery takes long.
At least your wait is over and you have your car. I am assuming now your will start buying accessories.

Did you take a checklist? If yes can you share it?
Is there any place in the Tesla sales office where you can hang out if required or do you have to leave?
I was thinking about take Uber to the sales office and I will have to find a coffee shop nearby to hang out of delivery takes long.
At least your wait is over and you have your car. I am assuming now your will start buying accessories.

The Eden Prairie SC has a lounge with coffee, candy, water, and free wifi. There really isn't anywhere to go within walking distance, however.

Thanks for those you told me to call SC. I was supposed to pick up the car on 11/6.
I just heard from them that car is in SC and it was inspected. One of the wheel well got damaged in shipping.
They have ordered the replacement part and it takes a week to get the part so I was asked to tentatively schedule the shipping delivery a week out.
Seems to me that quite a few cars get damaged in shipping. Perhaps it happens in other cars as well but it is not so transparent because dealers sell their local inventory.

Fortunately for me I am not driving much and we have 2 other cars. I did sell my primary car yesterday.

I was thinking of telling them that they should let me inspect the car so I can get other things I find fixed as well.
It sucks to wait 1-2 more week. On the bright side they found a damaged part and are trying to fix it on their own.