Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got My 2021 VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is a good question. I wanted something with a little more space. Most of all, I wanted to do My part to help the environment for my kid’s futures. It was a fantastic car. I will miss it. But I do love the hips and rear on the MY. I even bought the same color. With the performance boost, the MY is actually quicker to 60. 4.3 vs 4.7. That instant torque is crazy. I did initially order the P. However the jarring ride was a bit too much. I’m ordering tsportline Uber turbine 20 wheels And keeping Gemini as my winter set.

Sounds like wise reasons to make the switch. I have a performance on order but am coming from a 135i M-Sport on low profile p-zeros so am used to feeling every pebble in the road. Way back in the early 2000’s I had a 6-speed manual 540i. The 5er BMW platform is still one of the ultimate automotive platforms in history and I’ll always have a fondness for it.

Reactions: Gman201
do not attempt to drive all year in performance tires. for the love of god buy winters lol.
Haha I know! Just curious how it was since looks like performance models are going to start being delivered well into winter. Wondered how perilous it was. Trying to decide if it makes more sense to buy 21" winter tires for the uberturbines or to get a separate winter wheel/tire setup.

Reactions: Modulus1
Haha I know! Just curious how it was since looks like performance models are going to start being delivered well into winter. Wondered how perilous it was. Trying to decide if it makes more sense to buy 21" winter tires for the uberturbines or to get a separate winter wheel/tire setup.
i remember years ago i had a ford focus with 18inch performance summer tires and it snowed a LITTLE. like maybe an inch, and i legit was stuck on the street lol. so so bad.

Ordered 11/17, Vin assigned 11/18, took delivery 12/4.

74XXX vin
USB in Glove Box, along with Tesla flash drive
Metal steering wheel controls
Glass looks pretty think in front

Still trying to figure out about mirrors, but focused on enjoying this fantastic car!

Adding to above, definitely the new glass and definitely the auto dimming mirrors.