Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got My 2021 VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thats awesome! I ordered that exact configuration on 9/24 (for my mother) and haven't heard a single thing from anyone. Just a text saying "Welcome to Tesla, thank you for submitting all your items"...... Funny, when we went to Tesla to look at vehicles, the sales manager said it would only be 1-2 weeks... So we ordered that night online.. My Mom keeps asking me if I heard anything, being this is my 3rd Tesla order.. Patience is key..

Thats awesome! I ordered that exact configuration on 9/24 (for my mother) and haven't heard a single thing from anyone. Just a text saying "Welcome to Tesla, thank you for submitting all your items"...... Funny, when we went to Tesla to look at vehicles, the sales manager said it would only be 1-2 weeks... So we ordered that night online.. My Mom keeps asking me if I heard anything, being this is my 3rd Tesla order.. Patience is key..

Does anyone know how orders get prioritized? It appears to be completely random. I have seen people who ordered my exact same configuration in my same area several days after I did getting a VIN, but I haven’t heard absolutely anything. (Added context: I completed all necessary steps immediately)

It seems like I’m not the only person experiencing this. Curious if anyone has any idea how they prioritize their orders, if it’s done manually by SAs, or if it’s automated.

Reactions: mjf404
Does anyone know how orders get prioritized? It appears to be completely random. I have seen people who ordered my exact same configuration in my same area several days after I did getting a VIN, but I haven’t heard absolutely anything. (Added context: I completed all necessary steps immediately)

It seems like I’m not the only person experiencing this. Curious if anyone has any idea how they prioritize their orders, if it’s done manually by SAs, or if it’s automated.
I don't know but I doubt that Tesla would give an SA any scheduling authority - someone in Fremont is doing that.

In the same boat... Blue LR AWD Induction. 9/16 and nothing. East coast seems completely random.

We ordered our blue LR, black interior, Gemini, tow hitch on 9/16. The local rep here in Georgia (USA) expected to be able to match us with a car before the end of Sept. but that didn’t happen. It was a big disappointment because I was exited to take advantage of EAP. I stopped in to talk to them yesterday and they had no idea when we’d get a car. First I was told “should be soon”, but when pressed they said “hopefully before mid November”. I don’t understand why they don’t have access to supply chain metrics to know what is being ordered and what is being built and where we would be in the priority of orders. Regardless, we anxiously waiting, with our NEMA 14-50 already installed in the garage and the PPF and homelink kit sitting in my office.

Reactions: OverEZPZ
We ordered our blue LR, black interior, Gemini, tow hitch on 9/16. The local rep here in Georgia (USA) expected to be able to match us with a car before the end of Sept. but that didn’t happen. It was a big disappointment because I was exited to take advantage of EAP. I stopped in to talk to them yesterday and they had no idea when we’d get a car. First I was told “should be soon”, but when pressed they said “hopefully before mid November”. I don’t understand why they don’t have access to supply chain metrics to know what is being ordered and what is being built and where we would be in the priority of orders. Regardless, we anxiously waiting, with our NEMA 14-50 already installed in the garage and the PPF and homelink kit sitting in my office.

Seems like blues are going out to the west coast from what I can tell, we gotta wait a bit longer I guess. I ordered the same color as you in SC.

I'm in CT and ordered my Blue LR, Black inside, Gemini wheels 9/16 and have yet to be provided a VIN.....however, I told my SA that I'm looking for delivery end of Dec to coincide with the expiration of my current car lease, so that is why I'm waiting on mine....

looking forward to a 2021 version (although it doesn't mean much with Tesla) with hopefully better QC.

I want to know too ... looks like there is some random algorithm :rolleyes: