Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got My 2021 VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fresh off the press. These are changes to model 3, but I hope they will come to model Y (model 2021).
I am hoping for double pane glass, especially.

Tesla is doing a Model 3 refresh and we've seen it - Electrek

Although the cars share parts, I'm not sure I would assume they will be updated at the same time. It may be several more months before the Y gets these changes. If you keep waiting, you'll be waiting forever.

I have put my order on hold for 2021 model, so I guess it is safe to start the wait now

Same, the car they tried to give us on 08/01 looked like it had been assembled by a 4 year old. We told them to hold off matching VIN until 01/01/2021 but I'm itching to go ahead and re-match. I'm going to wait another week or so just to be sure I don't end up with someone's rejected or returned end of 3rd quarter 2020.

All these people ordering white. White Y's and 3's look good when the front isn't splattered with bugs.

EDIT: I'm serious. Some people proudly and industriously wash their car every week. Not me.

:) White is a beautiful color on both. It is also a very practical color in Florida - especially when the car lives outside. I think Tesla's look fine in every color though - except when the front is covered with bugs. ;)

Reactions: ArtK and Fred42
Why does it matter if it’s made one week to the next? Why are you hung up on ‘model year’ when Tesla just do incremental updates throughout the year. You could get a 2021 built car and then next week it’s out of date because they have changed the colour of a handle.

Why does it matter if it’s made one week to the next? Why are you hung up on ‘model year’ when Tesla just do incremental updates throughout the year. You could get a 2021 built car and then next week it’s out of date because they have changed the colour of a handle.

Cause a 2021 is going to be worth more than a 2020 at sale/trade time. Just the way it works with cars even if that's the only difference.

Reactions: 907XCP