Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got My 2021 VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you reject delivery how do you get a new VIN? I’ve been waiting a month and a half.

Its rumored that sometimes things get stuck in Tesla's system. You may want to reach our to your sales associate or sales center to make sure your account isn't set to hold for some reason. After rejecting on 01 August we waited a few weeks, quality still seemed to be an issue so I called and asked how could I wait until 01/01/2021. My sales associated somehow set my reservation not to VIN match until that day.

I hope that makes sense.

Reactions: Njbrandon
I reached out to my Telsa rep about getting a 2021 VIN and he was def excited for me. He made it seem like news was coming on what the 2021 changes were.. but said he didn't' want to spoil the surprise. So now I'm even more anxious to see what is different and when I can get it!

Originally ordered 9/6 and was assigned a VIN late September. They took the car away from me because I refused to drive from NH to NJ on 9/30 even though they had promised. to do home delivery. Glad it happened. Just got assigned 2021 VIN 61XX. MY/MSM/White Interior/Induction/Tow hitch

Originally ordered 9/6 and was assigned a VIN late September. They took the car away from me because I refused to drive from NH to NJ on 9/30 even though they had promised. to do home delivery. Glad it happened. Just got assigned 2021 VIN 61XX. MY/MSM/White Interior/Induction/Tow hitch

You've convinced me as to why I have not gotten a car, even though I ordered on September 5. I too asked for delivery.

Hey guys!

We have a Model Y on order but a VIN hasn't been assigned yet. We found a 2020 car in inventory with a Sept build date (VIN 48xxx), but it has ~60 miles on the odometer. The SA claims that it is not a customer reject/return or test drive car, it just kept getting moved around between stores and all miles were driven by Tesla employees.

Should we consider it or wait for a 2021? Has anyone purchased one that is not a test drive vehicle but with a higher number of miles on it? They've assured us that we will have 100 miles to report any issues. No discounts since it's not a test drive vehicle. Thanks for your insight!