Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got My 2021 VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any idea, how long does it take get the delivery text once the VIN is generated? It's been 5 days since my VIN showed up on the order page but no signs of the delivery text yet. I tried checking with Tesla but my TA is not responding to mails or texts

@BlueberryT tough call. I would say if you need a vehicle quickly (e.g. you don't currently have a working vehicle, you're sharing one with partner and really need two vehicles, etc.) then it's probably wise to try the 2020. You could always reject it outright when you go to pick it up if you notice significant issues. On the other hand, if you're not in a rush (I hate waiting for something once I've made up my mind!), then it's probably worth waiting for a new build. That's just my two cents though.

Thank you, we don't need it ASAP so we decided to wait for the 2021. It's really not that bad of a wait to get one that's a newer MY and fresh off the truck

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Update to a deleted MVPA.

Blue, LR, Black interior, no FSD, tow, 19" wheels
Order date: 8/29
VIN/MVPA Received: 9/12
VIN: 50XXX
Delivery location: Vermont

My MVPA was removed from my account (the reason given was my VIN never made it out of the factory...who knows) on 9/16 and today was assigned a new VIN 62,3xx. Delivery to NJ (then carrier to VT) with an ETA to NJ on 10/31. Supposedly starting the journey Eastbound. Who knows if the delivery support folks are on the up and up, but it seems to jive with the other posts out there.

Figured I would ask a random question and see if anyone has thoughts on it. I have a 2021 vin assigned, I played my order about 5 weeks ago. Now that tesla changed the 7 day return policy on the site. Would I still be eligible for the 7 day policy since I ordered when it was still in tact on the website or no since I'm taking delivery after it was removed.

Figured I would ask a random question and see if anyone has thoughts on it. I have a 2021 vin assigned, I played my order about 5 weeks ago. Now that tesla changed the 7 day return policy on the site. Would I still be eligible for the 7 day policy since I ordered when it was still in tact on the website or no since I'm taking delivery after it was removed.

Not likely, you put a deposit down, but an actual purchase agreement was never completed.
I’m in the similar situation - rather dissapointing.

Not likely, you put a deposit down, but an actual purchase agreement was never completed.
I’m in the similar situation - rather dissapointing.
Part of me liked the idea of trying car out for a few days, seeing if the ride was comfortable or too harsh. That is kinda my concern. I'm coming from a Toyota suv. I guess I could always modify via coils or different tires etc to get the ride I desire. Still not thrilled tho. I'm probably going to do a test drive at the very least now. Wasn't exactly thrilled at idea of test drive in the covid era but so be it.

I tried searching but couldn’t find an answer. I’m in a state that needs a VIN for insurance. I saw some people put their current car insurance in and change it once a VIN gets assigned. Just making sure not putting insurance in isn’t the thing keeping me from getting a VIN.

Ordered 09/25, Black/Black, 19”, No Tow, No FSD, in the Kansas City area

Part of me liked the idea of trying car out for a few days, seeing if the ride was comfortable or too harsh. That is kinda my concern. I'm coming from a Toyota suv. I guess I could always modify via coils or different tires etc to get the ride I desire. Still not thrilled tho. I'm probably going to do a test drive at the very least now. Wasn't exactly thrilled at idea of test drive in the covid era but so be it.
Did a test drive of Model Y at Decatur GA store last August. No problem with COVID.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Just got my VIN, 63XXX. No delivery date, but not surprising.

Ordered 9/18, was "eligible for a match" 9/25.

The next steps are insurance and payment.

Seems like I have to wait for the delivery date before I get the insurance card to upload and make the final payment, is that correct?

I'm sure I'll have issues with the VIN as it looks like a very recent 2021 model.

I tried searching but couldn’t find an answer. I’m in a state that needs a VIN for insurance. I saw some people put their current car insurance in and change it once a VIN gets assigned. Just making sure not putting insurance in isn’t the thing keeping me from getting a VIN.

Ordered 09/25, Black/Black, 19”, No Tow, No FSD, in the Kansas City area

I had the same question. My order was stuck at insurance stage and I had not way to purchase insurance without a VIN. I scanned my current insurance and uploaded it. Not sure if it helps but worth a try.

Just got my VIN, 63XXX. No delivery date, but not surprising.

Ordered 9/18, was "eligible for a match" 9/25.

The next steps are insurance and payment.

Seems like I have to wait for the delivery date before I get the insurance card to upload and make the final payment, is that correct?

I'm sure I'll have issues with the VIN as it looks like a very recent 2021 model.
What makes you "eligible for match"?