Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got My 2021 VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn it! Ordered 10/12 and completed loan online 10/17. Got assigned a VIN today 10/18 and its the 'L' 2020 model.
Configuration is LR/white/white/induction wheels with VIN 058XXX region. Really not happy about that. I thought by 10/12 they would've given everyone a 2021 already.

I ordered on 9/29. No update (phone/text message/email) ever since. Called Tesla supported number, they just told me to wait for VIN. I asked them to assign a SA to me and they told me they don't do that unless I have a problem with my order.

If you have a SC near you, can you drop in? See if you can talk to one of the guys there and have them set you up.

I mean that is odd, I literally have two of them. They are both responsive, though I just really deal with one now. I didn't want to be more of a pain than I was.

I ordered on 9/29. No update (phone/text message/email) ever since. Called Tesla supported number, they just told me to wait for VIN. I asked them to assign a SA to me and they told me they don't do that unless I have a problem with my order.

That's strange, I would do what alexcue recommended and call as well. Everytime I call into my SC even if someone else picks up they know who the SA assigned to my account is and have me confirm when making any changes.

Reactions: alexcue
VIN and delivery date both popped this morning for our 9/9 order... 63xxx and December 8! LR AWD/Black/black/Gemini/no FSD.

Annoying that it'll have taken almost 3 months from order date when some people here are getting there cars in a few weeks, but it's nice to have a date to look forward to.

Update: SA said that the 8th is only a provisional date, and that there's a good chance we get delivery earlier. Not sure if he just means we might get matched with a reject/financing failure or if that's a worst case estimate for the manufacturing/shipping process.

Back to checking the account page every day ;)

Good question. I haven't seen an MYP delivery on this site in some time.

I know you are on the east coast too... I think we have similar setups (I am MSM Performance, black interior, tow). Dont have anymore hope to get a vin and delivery before my trade in quote expires the 24th so lets see what the re-evaluation comes back at when I do have a vin and a potential delivery date.

It is weird that they pulled the ETA for PUPs. No single 2021 PUP reported yet as far as I can see (should prob check the spreadsheet). Not sure if they dont have a certain part in enough quantity and dont wanna start the performance batch without having adequate supply or there is something special coming down the pipeline for the PUP models... like perfectly aligned doors ;)

I know you are on the east coast too... I think we have similar setups (I am MSM Performance, black interior, tow). Dont have anymore hope to get a vin and delivery before my trade in quote expires the 24th so lets see what the re-evaluation comes back at when I do have a vin and a potential delivery date.

It is weird that they pulled the ETA for PUPs. No single 2021 PUP reported yet as far as I can see (should prob check the spreadsheet). Not sure if they dont have a certain part in enough quantity and dont wanna start the performance batch without having adequate supply or there is something special coming down the pipeline for the PUP models... like perfectly aligned doors ;)

MSM without tow here. And it’s all a tire issue. Pirelli doesn’t produce summer tires in winter. (Same as nobody produces winter tires in summer). Michelin said they are in talks for an all season with Tesla to check back in 2 weeks. Can’t speak for if pirelli is doing anything at this point.

We can only hope this delay gives us the dual pane windows and some other nice features.

MSM without tow here. And it’s all a tire issue. Pirelli doesn’t produce summer tires in winter. (Same as nobody produces winter tires in summer). Michelin said they are in talks for an all season with Tesla to check back in 2 weeks. Can’t speak for if pirelli is doing anything at this point.

We can only hope this delay gives us the dual pane windows and some other nice features.

Thanks for the color, but aren't they still delivering M3s with summers and also were delivering performance M3 models in the dead of winter with summers last year? They didnt know winter was coming?

Who do I call? The email that I received which is the local center? Do I just ask for anyone of them in sales or do I call the general hotline 1800 number or something?

We were assigned a 2020 and rejected it by calling the SC and just asking them to "unpair" it with our order. The one thing I would recommend is calling back later to make sure they put you back in the queue. I called back a few days after we rejected the 2020 and learned they had completely taken us out of the queue to make absolutely certain we'd get a 2021 match next time. I was able to ask them to put us back in. I'm not sure how long they were planning to wait before making us eligible again.