Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got My 2021 VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Placed my order on 10/10 and got my VIN last night. MSM/ black, 19 inch wheels, FSD, no hitch. I called today to ask SA and he told me it shows as pre-production and has a date of 11/02-11/12 next to it, but he doesn’t know if that is production date or delivery date.

Placed my order on 10/10 and got my VIN last night. MSM/ black, 19 inch wheels, FSD, no hitch. I called today to ask SA and he told me it shows as pre-production and has a date of 11/02-11/12 next to it, but he doesn’t know if that is production date or delivery date.

My guess would be delivery date. Congrats! that was quick, mine took 30 days to get, with same config except FSD.

edit: 30 days to get VIN, 37 to get car which will be on Friday.

Last edited:

I ordered the same configuration 4 weeks ago and still no VIN assigned. Did you receive an email alert from Tesla that a VIN was assigned or do you have to keep checking your account?

I was checking every day. It is too bad that there is no notification for VIN assignment.
You can setup the Distill.io Chrome extension and then select the part of the webpage you want it to check and the interval. As long as you leave your browser up, it will check and then ding and send an email if anything changes. I had mine checking every 5s but I removed it when I decided to cancel order because of how shitty Tesla has been treating me.

Reactions: seniorcitizen
You can setup the Distill.io Chrome extension and then select the part of the webpage you want it to check and the interval. As long as you leave your browser up, it will check and then ding and send an email if anything changes. I had mine checking every 5s but I removed it when I decided to cancel order because of how shitty Tesla has been treating me.
Perhaps I missed it. How were you mistreated by Tesla?

Also, any update on the E-tron?

I ordered the same configuration 4 weeks ago and still no VIN assigned. Did you receive an email alert from Tesla that a VIN was assigned or do you have to keep checking your account?

You could get a VIN assigned as soon as your car is scheduled for production I believe, and it could be weeks before it actually gets assembled. That’s why Tesla does not bother to notify you until it gets close.

• Helpful
Reactions: NY_Rob
Ordered 10/09 (White Black , NO FSD, 19 in no hitch )

10/21 - 2020 VIN assigned. (607xx) I feel like this is a rejected VIN. When I check the speadsheet, people are getting something around 66xxx these days

Do you guys think this is a rejected VIN? Or I am just too concerned

10/21 - 2020 VIN assigned. (607xx) I feel like this is a rejected VIN. When I check the speadsheet, people are getting something around 66xxx these days

I ordered on 10/9 and got VIN assigned in 10/20. My NIN was 66xxx

it does seem like an older VIN. Sometime people don’t take deliveries. You should inspect the car thoroughly and I hope it will be a good car for you.

Seems like that's a 2021. Does it have an "L" or an "M" in the VIN (e.g. xxE4MF06xxxx? If it has an "M", that's a 2021.

Seems like that's a 2021. Does it have an "L" or an "M" in the VIN (e.g. xxE4MF06xxxx? If it has an "M", that's a 2021.

It has M and yes it is 2021 but seems like little old VIN

I ordered on 10/9 and got VIN assigned in 10/20. My NIN was 66xxx

it does seem like an older VIN. Sometime people don’t take deliveries. You should inspect the car thoroughly and I hope it will be a good car for you.

Yes I feel the same and as you said I will need to inspect the car in detail. Hope I can't find any issue