Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got My 2021 VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VINs aren't fully sequential. There aren't even many 6xxxx VINs delivered yet. I wouldn't consider any 2021 an old vin.

Is there evidence that they aren't built sequentially e.g. a comparison of VIN to build date?
I can imagine that there will some minor out-of-order dates for specific vehicles e.g. for paint re-spray, but it does appear from VIN assignment that they are largely sequential. There isn't anything that sticks out from an estimate of 700-900 built a day with sequential VINs.

Ordered Sept 30 from Ottawa, ON, Canada. I never heard from a SA so I used Tesla chat Tuesday night. The chat person was super helpful, they talked to someone internally and then got my SA to call me while as I was on the call. The SA is based in Montreal. Two days later got my VIN. 646xx for delivery Nov 9

Reactions: 907XCP
Perhaps I missed it. How were you mistreated by Tesla?

Also, any update on the E-tron?
Rejected my 2021 Vin today (638xx).... Car was to arrive at delivery center 11/1, which is a little too early for me in my situation.

Current lease ends in December and I'm not looking for a month of 2 car payments.

Hope to get a new, non-recycled Vin mid November
What delivery center?

So Tesla is trying to play the trade in value switcharoo on me... when I filled out my trade in (2020 Explorer), I put down 12K miles even though I only had 8K or so at the time. I knew I was taking a trip and made a pretty accurate estimate as to miles I would be at.

But.... I had to upload a pic of the odometer to continue the purchasing process. Now I'm being told they used that mileage from the pic and now that I have 11K+ miles, they dropped my trade in estimate by $1K. My new advisor is staying that the trade in values are only good for 30 days (which I acknowledge, but how does one get a Tesla within that 30 day period?). My VIN is 61XXX and we are scheduled for delivery on 11/1. I guess if they don't go back to the original trade in value, I have to consider if I want to move forward.

It doesn't make sense in NY to sell the car to a Caravan, etc. as I would lose the sales tax value - in this case $3K+. That's why trading in usually makes better sense on low mileage vehicles here.