Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got My 2021 VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was able to figure out how to schedule a pickup.
But I had no luck finding a way to add my bank account information.
I enter the correct user name, password.
I get prompted for 2 factor auth.
I tried both text message and phone number
After I enter the code I see an error message. I did not see any way to enter bank details.
All I can do is return. I reached out to my Tesla SA for help.

After it failed on me a small text said it failed, then to enter details a different way. I tried twice and then I remember seeing the alternate method. Good luck.

Finally got my VIN this morning...MF067XXX! It says please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery and I'm prompted to enter banking info for final payment and insurance card. Customarily, I bring final payment and my insurance card to the dealer when I pick up my car. Is this accurate? I believe this was discussed earlier, sorry for the redundancy. If you're not transferring plates, will the car have the new plates attached at pick up or is that my responsibility to obtain them from DMV?

Finally got my VIN this morning...MF067XXX! It says please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery and I'm prompted to enter banking info for final payment and insurance card. Customarily, I bring final payment and my insurance card to the dealer when I pick up my car. Is this accurate?
In NY you can bring a bank check with you at pickup time, inspect the car before giving them the check.

If you're not transferring plates, will the car have the new plates attached at pick up or is that my responsibility to obtain them from DMV?
They will give you new plates, the cost will show up in your MVPA. I was charged "Registration Fee $217.50" for plates and 2-yr reg.

Which SC are you going with?

• Helpful
Reactions: sleepies
In NY you can bring a bank check with you at pickup time, inspect the car before giving them the check.

They will give you new plates, the cost will show up in your MVPA. I was charged "Registration Fee $217.50" for plates and 2-yr reg.

Which SC are you going with?

I am picking up at Manhasset. Apparently deliveries are not available at Huntington. My registration fee is $187.50. I appreciate the info.

Might just be me but right now the only car on tesla's website with an estimated wait time is the LR Y. All S 3, X and MYP show nothing.

That’s interesting!! I’m showing 6-9 for all Model 3 vehicles, but it’s still very interesting. I wonder what’s going on at Tesla. Could it be the Model 3 along with the LR Model Y are still utilizing the older style batteries? And the Model S, X and Model Y Performance is getting a newer style battery? If Tesla is doing single mold casting for Model Y, maybe they’re implementing that along with the 4680 in the Performance, and are working on perfecting the process? And given the huge demand for Long Range, and small demand for Performance, they can implement this newer design into a vehicle with less demand? And maybe Model S and X are getting 4680 batteries too, but no change in the body design? All of that could POSSIBLY cause an unknown delivery time? Of course I’m only assuming and hypothesizing, and probably wishing a little bit seeing as how I have a Model Y Performance on order, haha. Time shall tell!!

9/24 - Ordered a Model Y after battery day. ETA 4-8 weeks.
9/30 - Tesla asked if I wanted to come take delivery within 24 hrs of a 2020 model with a different configuration (Performance model, different size wheels, different color). No incentive offered.
10/17 - matched to a VIN in production. :)
10/20 - Tesla scheduled a delivery for 11/7. Perfect. I scheduled transfer of funds for payment, insurance xfer, tint/ceramic coating.

All was great until a TEXT today...

10/27 - Great news! You’re vehicle is arriving early. Delivery is rescheduled for 11/1.

Uh, I’ll be out of town then and called Tesla delivery center. Policy is you apparently must pickup the car within 3 days or they will deliver it to someone else and put me back in the WAIT queue?

Does this sound right ???

9/30 - Tesla asked if I wanted to come take delivery within 24 hrs of a 2020 model with a different configuration (Performance model, different size wheels, different color). No incentive offered.
10/20 - Tesla scheduled a delivery for 11/7. Perfect. I scheduled transfer of funds for payment, insurance xfer, tint/ceramic coating.

10/27 - Great news! You’re vehicle is arriving early. Delivery is rescheduled for 11/1.

Uh, I’ll be out of town then and called Tesla delivery center. Policy is you apparently must pickup the car within 3 days or they will deliver it to someone else and put me back in the WAIT queue?

Unfortunately it does sound like the same exact thing I was warned/told about by my SA. Sorry!

So it must be deliveries are finally getting scheduled? Where are you located....just so we can get an idea of where deliveries are taking place.

I don't know what delivery method you chose, but if you chose to take delivery at an SC it may be possible to delay it a few days by requesting home delivery. Just an idea.

• Helpful
Reactions: NASASpaceXlove