Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got My 2021 VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FINALLY, just got a vin. Ordered 10/8, modified on 10/10. Vin on 11/6

LR blue / white interior / no fsd / no hitch / gemini wheels (have after market 20's ready to throw on it). I was literally about to hunt for a demo performance Y cause I was losing patience. Hope I don't regret not getting performance. eeeeek

71k VIN

Ordered 10/21 (paperwork finished 10/22) in Austin TX, black/black long range MY w/induction wheels and FSD. Had a very brief VIN assigned and unassigned 11/4, them just got one with a MVPA this morning 11/6. VIN 705XX. Pretty fast given I was given a 4-8 week window. Hope it doesn’t take too long to get to Austin! Ah, the antici....

....pation!

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Laminated windows may be only item but that may of come in on VINs 62700 ish and higher. Some updates to rear brake lighting but not sure VIN range that came in. The dates of updates more associated with build date not so much VIN. I think the laminated windows were around to build date 10/17-ish or something like that.
Spoke to Tesla SA on the phone today (delivery delayed 1 day due to cosmetic issue with front bumper), who told us that my VIN rolled off the factory less than 2 weeks ago, just arrived in Georgia, is a 2021 model, and *should* have the laminated windows, but she didn't sound overly confident. We shall see tomorrow

Ordered 10/21 (paperwork finished 10/22) in Austin TX, black/black long range MY w/induction wheels and FSD. Had a very brief VIN assigned and unassigned 11/4, them just got one with a MVPA this morning 11/6. VIN 705XX. Pretty fast given I was given a 4-8 week window. Hope it doesn’t take too long to get to Austin! Ah, the antici....

....pation!
Hope you are luckier than me. Ordered mine 9/18, VIN/born 10/16, waiting for train 10/18. Delivery was scheduled for Nov 1, Nov 3, Nov 6, and now Nov 11. Apparently it goes from Milpitas CA to Nashville TN, back to Memphis TN, then by truck to Austin. It's probably waiting for a full truck load before it leaves Memphis.

Hope you are luckier than me. Ordered mine 9/18, VIN/born 10/16, waiting for train 10/18. Delivery was scheduled for Nov 1, Nov 3, Nov 6, and now Nov 11. Apparently it goes from Milpitas CA to Nashville TN, back to Memphis TN, then by truck to Austin. It's probably waiting for a full truck load before it leaves Memphis.

A month from leaving CA to get to Austin??? Yikes. Mine was born 7:35 PST last night and is still in Fremont being built. Thought it’d be more like 2 weeks.

I asked my SA about how they get to Austin a few days ago, and he said after being finished in Fremont they go to a holding lot at Milpitas, and then either onto a train to Nashville and then by truck to Austin, or sometimes they get on a truck from Milpitas to Austin.

Hope you get yours soon!

Hello all, new Tesla owner inbound here. Ordered last Wednesday 10/28 just before the FSD price hike. Got assigned VIN 620xx today and got a call for a delivery appointment tomorrow afternoon!

Really surprised at the quick turnaround as we were told ~8 weeks last week.

They gave you a car from stock. Hopefully not one someone else refused. Check it carefully. Means you won't get the new double pane sound barrier windows. If there is anything wrong with it, refuse it.

A month from leaving CA to get to Austin??? Yikes. Mine was born 7:35 PST last night and is still in Fremont being built. Thought it’d be more like 2 weeks.

I asked my SA about how they get to Austin a few days ago, and he said after being finished in Fremont they go to a holding lot at Milpitas, and then either onto a train to Nashville and then by truck to Austin, or sometimes they get on a truck from Milpitas to Austin.

Hope you get yours soon!
Thanks! Good luck to you. Never know, mine may end up on the same truck with yours!

Ordered mine 10/17, VIN 690XX, Blue/Black LR no tow, no FSD. I called for a delivery date and my sales guy said he wouldn’t give me one yet because it was coming by train and he has seen too many delays due to awaiting transport from the rail yard to the dealership. At first I was agitated, but after reading your post I am kind of thankful. I am struggling with the wait as it is, I can’t imagine expecting it on a certain date and THEN getting delayed again for another 10 days. Guess I will be grateful for now.

Just texted my SA that im ready to get a VIN again. Hoping its in the 70xxx and not a rejected 62xxx

And just like that, i already have a VIN a few hours later. 72xxx. Was built 11/2

white, LR AWD, FSD, 20" induction wheels.

I would have preferred to request a new VIN mid november so i can get it early dec since im off all december but didnt want to risk waiting a few months like some folks.

Last edited:
And just like that, i already have a VIN a few hours later. 72xxx. Was built 11/2

white, LR AWD, FSD, 20" induction wheels.

I would have preferred to request a new VIN mid november so i can get it early dec since im off all december but didnt want to risk waiting a few months like some folks.
At this point it's always a risk of a temporary shut down in california for non essential workers if things continue to get worse. Maybe it's just me I fear the worst these days. I'm taking delivery on Monday and as long as nothing major is wrong I'll accept and get repaired by sc. I'm also tired of waiting..I'm not that patient I guess.

Ordered 10/5/2020 : LR AWD, Midnight Silver, 19" Gemini, Black (No FSD, NO Tow)

Received Vin 11/6/2020
Delivery Scheduled 11/18/2020
VIN: 688xx

Was actually hoping it wouldn't get delivered until Early December with a Vin past 70xxxx. Just to see if any of the changes with the center console/USB in glove box would appear in the Y. Would be really curious when these changes start making their way to production

Surprised you didn't get a VIN yet as we ordered around the same time and we're both from Indy.

First time Tesla owner...
Ordered a MSM MY with Black interior, 20in inductions and a tow hitch on October 3 and my profile was completed on October 6 with delivery to Indianapolis. I don’t think there is anything unique about the configuration.

Nothing but crickets from my SA. Called the Tesla Delivery Center with my RN# and they could not provide an update either. Trying to be patient...