Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got My 2021 VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And just like that, i already have a VIN a few hours later. 72xxx. Was built 11/2

white, LR AWD, FSD, 20" induction wheels.

I would have preferred to request a new VIN mid november so i can get it early dec since im off all december but didnt want to risk waiting a few months like some folks.
Where did you find the date it was built?

Surprised you didn't get a VIN yet as we ordered around the same time and we're both from Indy.
I emailed my SA again yesterday. Said we are still “on track”. Not sure how he knows that if there are no updates on my order status. He stated that those getting matched who ordered after October 3 must be getting inventory cars. That is not what I am seeing on this forum...
Forgot to mention that I ordered a Long Range AWD

I emailed my SA again yesterday. Said we are still “on track”. Not sure how he knows that if there are no updates on my order status. He stated that those getting matched who ordered after October 3 must be getting inventory cars. That is not what I am seeing on this forum...
Forgot to mention that I ordered a Long Range AWD

Well, I ordered on Oct. 3rd, and they did match me to a vehicle that was built 4 weeks prior. However, no, people that have ordered in Oct. are absolutely getting new builds.

And just like that, i already have a VIN a few hours later. 72xxx. Was built 11/2

white, LR AWD, FSD, 20" induction wheels.

I would have preferred to request a new VIN mid november so i can get it early dec since im off all december but didnt want to risk waiting a few months like some folks.
wow things moving so fast.

Was given delivery dates to chose from between Nov 21-22

Thanks, I will do just that. I don't feel like waiting any longer, and who knows what's going to happen in the next few weeks with election and corona.
I called and build date is 10/18, whatever that's worth. The SC rep hadn't heard that they were even making the double pane windows.
Gonna accept the delivery date and enjoy the new ride. :)
I'll report back on the window status next weekend.

Took delivery today and I did get the laminated windows! Vin 627xx build date 10/18. The car wasn't 100% perfect but they noted all the issues and will address them at a service appointment.
Nothing too major.

Reactions: E Dizzle
hmm. I ordered mine on the 14th. and I haven't gotten any VIN or anything yet... I was assigned to 4 other model 2020 VIN but called and unmatched the VIN. After unmatching, I am no longer getting any VIN. Any thoughts? How long is this going to take :(

Is Los Angeles the last to receive any delivery? or is it just me?

I ordered the LR, WHITE BL Interior

hmm. I ordered mine on the 14th. and I haven't gotten any VIN or anything yet... I was assigned to 4 other model 2020 VIN but called and unmatched the VIN. After unmatching, I am no longer getting any VIN. Any thoughts? How long is this going to take :(

Is Los Angeles the last to receive any delivery? or is it just me?

I ordered the LR, WHITE BL Interior

There's a "pattern" from Tesla where they service markets furthest from the factory(factories) first in order to achieve deliveries quotas. (this is due to the shipping time it takes from Fremont to wherever in the world the vehicles are being shipped)

That means the West Coast is typically serviced at the end of the quarter.

This means that if you order near the end of the quarter, your waiting time might be less but if you order at the beginning, you might end up waiting longer.

I ordered my MY 10/17 and I haven't received a single VIN yet.

However, I did crunch some numbers from the deliveries data pool and the deliveries for the west coast seem a bit faster this year so hopefully we don't have to wait too long :)

• Informative
Reactions: Picasso
There's a "pattern" from Tesla where they service markets furthest from the factory(factories) first in order to achieve deliveries quotas. (this is due to the shipping time it takes from Fremont to wherever in the world the vehicles are being shipped)

That means the West Coast is typically serviced at the end of the quarter.

This means that if you order near the end of the quarter, your waiting time might be less but if you order at the beginning, you might end up waiting longer.

I ordered my MY 10/17 and I haven't received a single VIN yet.

However, I did crunch some numbers from the deliveries data pool and the deliveries for the west coast seem a bit faster this year so hopefully we don't have to wait too long :)
Oh wow.. thank you for the info. When I ordered it was 5-9weeks. Hopefully i can get mine soon :(.

Those of us in the western states have to wait. Same thing happened when I ordered my 3. Ordered in January, received second week of March. I ordered my Y on 9/12, missed the Q3 deliveries so I am not expecting to see it until sometime in December. On the plus side, if I had made the Q3 deliveries, I would not have gotten the laminated glass. So I am OK with waiting.