Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got My 2021 VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those of us in the western states have to wait. Same thing happened when I ordered my 3. Ordered in January, received second week of March. I ordered my Y on 9/12, missed the Q3 deliveries so I am not expecting to see it until sometime in December. On the plus side, if I had made the Q3 deliveries, I would not have gotten the laminated glass. So I am OK with waiting.

hmm I guess I have to wait till December. But as long as I can get the updated model for 2021 I can wait. Its worth it :) But my reservation picture is still Model 3 2020. It hasn't updated the image so I am a bit worried there.

Hope you are luckier than me. Ordered mine 9/18, VIN/born 10/16, waiting for train 10/18. Delivery was scheduled for Nov 1, Nov 3, Nov 6, and now Nov 11. Apparently it goes from Milpitas CA to Nashville TN, back to Memphis TN, then by truck to Austin. It's probably waiting for a full truck load before it leaves Memphis.

For other Austinites watching, ordered black/black LR MY w/induction & FSD 10/21, VIN 11/6, delivery offered 11/23-25. So, delivery about 2 1/2 weeks from VIN.

Just ordered on 11/6 MY LR black/black. Excited to join the Tesla community. Was quoted 5-8 weeks. For those who have gotten there's recently, are there still quality issues? Would hate to refuse delivery and miss out on the rebates before they expire.

hmm I guess I have to wait till December. But as long as I can get the updated model for 2021 I can wait. Its worth it :) But my reservation picture is still Model 3 2020. It hasn't updated the image so I am a bit worried there.
Everything being manufactured now is. 2021. Unless they find you an older inventory car, which I would refuse if it doesn’t have the laminated glass

Those of us in the western states have to wait. Same thing happened when I ordered my 3. Ordered in January, received second week of March. I ordered my Y on 9/12, missed the Q3 deliveries so I am not expecting to see it until sometime in December. On the plus side, if I had made the Q3 deliveries, I would not have gotten the laminated glass. So I am OK with waiting.

My wife didn't even wait four weeks for her q3 model 3 we picked up on 9/25 (we are west coast.. perfect timing) .. which is great she didn't have the agonizing wait a lot of people have, but bad she missed out on the refresh...

I had ordered a MSM Black interior on 19OCT2020, not a peep until yesterday morning my SA called and said there was a Blue with white interior on the way and ready for delivery for 14NOV2020 and VIN is 69xxx. I said OK....Haven't received the updated MVPA so far...Will wait tomorrow and hopefully I receive it by then....Can't wait...I am based in MA.

SeeingVIN 69XXX in MyTesla account; MY LR white on black, gemini wheels. In North Tx, still shows 4-8 weeks delivery est

I got a VIN 11/6. Estimate didn’t change. Got an automated text 11/8 offering online scheduling for pick up/delivery, showing 11/23-25 available. I picked a date, and then my account page changed to reflect it. You could also call a sales associate and have them look up your VIN and they should be able to tell you if it’s still being built or where it is.

I emailed my SA again yesterday. Said we are still “on track”. Not sure how he knows that if there are no updates on my order status. He stated that those getting matched who ordered after October 3 must be getting inventory cars. That is not what I am seeing on this forum...
Forgot to mention that I ordered a Long Range AWD

Yeah something doesn't seem right. Mine is definitely not inventory as my Vin is a 2021 and the Build date is 11/3/2020. Only difference my order might have been was that I was purchasing outright? Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Just got assigned a low 63xxx from an order on 10/21. Located east coast and this is a white LR Y.

based on the forum this seems like a really low vin. Should I be worried that this car doesn’t have the newer windows?

Also, I’m not seeing where people are getting build dates. Can anyone help me know where to look?
Thanks

Its going to be borderline if it has the new windows. You can always reject the car and wait for the next one. Or they might negotiate the price a bit if you take the car...

Really most worried about getting someone else’s reject but not much I can do on that I suppose. I’m in NH so I don’t really know what my options are regarding rejecting a car at delivery: it’s not like I have a tesla site I’m going to for pickup...

Just got assigned a low 63xxx from an order on 10/21. Located east coast and this is a white LR Y.

based on the forum this seems like a really low vin. Should I be worried that this car doesn’t have the newer windows?

Also, I’m not seeing where people are getting build dates. Can anyone help me know where to look?
Thanks
Is it 638 and are you in Nova?