TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Got my car back

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Rawad H., May 9, 2015.

1. Rawad H.

Rawad H. Member

So I got my car back this morning! It looks brand new ill post a before and after picture when I get a chance. Accident was 2/27/15 got it back 5/9/15.

i do have a question my TACC now works finally had it taken to a service center on the way to me, but I'm confused isn't the care supposed to steer between the lanes? The acceleration deceleration works perfectly.

2. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

The Lane Keeping feature hasn't been implemented yet. A future software update will enable it.

3. Rawad H.

Rawad H. Member

Thx I appreciate it

4. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

For the sake of yourself and others, please do a thorough read-through of the driver assistance portions of the manual. You don't want to damage your fixed baby! Just read through a post of a totalled 3-day-old P85D due to a lack of understanding of the driver assistance capabilities--you don't want to be that guy!

5. Rawad H.

Rawad H. Member

After fix

after accident

Attached Files:

6. ModelX

ModelX Member

Beautiful again!

7. skboston

skboston Member

Looks great!

Man 2 1/2 months to fix front end damage... that's a long wait.

I wouldn't trust the TACC just yet, read through the crash thread from yesterday as it was suggested above. I would love to have a car driving autonomously, but technology isn't there yet to support it and I'm glad that my car doesn't have any of these features yet.

8. Rawad H.

Rawad H. Member

It does scare me to death to think of the TACC failing and me not realizing fast enough, but aside from no lane assist the actual cruise is doing great I keep it at max car distance

9. ahurst

ahurst Member

Love the silver

10. invisik

invisik Member

Heh just about a year ago they'd fixed the parts supply problems for cars needing bodywork. Guess not. Mine was in the shop for about 3 months too.

Second delivery is wonderful!!

-m