Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my configuration Email. Need advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have a situation and need some advice. I have a Leaf and the lease is up in November. I got my configuration Email but I don't want to order right away because I would like to avoid having two payments. I tried calling Tesla to see when I might order to get a November delivery but the lines are jammed and I don't feel like waiting.

I'm seeing 1-3 months for delivery but reading all sorts of different delivery stories. Seems like waiting it out would be best since I am so close to the end of the lease but was wondering if there are some possible things I could do that I am unaware of.

Oh, ordering a white, 18" wheel, RWD, priemum, LR

Thanks.

Thanks for the responces. My payment is 350. Not a huge deal but it would be nice not to overlap. I think I will just order in Sept. Or Oct. And cross my fingers.

Anyone have any experience turning in a lease early without paying a bunch of money? I know it's unlikely.

Some owners have expressed frustration when they thought Tesla delivery time was accurate so they sold their old cars or returned their old leases then found out that there's a delay and they were left with no car at all!

If it was up to me, I would prefer to pay more for certainty: Get my Tesla in as early as I can. It's better to have 2 cars then no cars at all if the timing goes wrong!

Reactions: LectrikPower
I would just order it now and ask for delivery in November. I know of some owners in the Netherlands who are able to do so for an S/X. So, I would contact Tesla and discuss this. Seems like it's worth the time and effort to at least ask for the possibility.

Got my vote!
I would order in Aug. You would probably get your car in Oct and still have $7000 fed tax credits.
I most certainly agree!
I agree with @CO2CLEAN and order it now and delay actual delivery a bit if needed to make sure you get the car this year and the full tax credit. As mentioned, Tesla delivery timelines are a bit unpredictable.

Quit stalling and order the bestest car you'll ever own!

P.S. a whole bunch of Ontario reservation holders are NOW regretting not ordering sooner.
The new Conservative Ontario just cancelled the fourteen thousand dollar EV rebate!

Reactions: LectrikPower
You can wait a little while. I got mine 3 weeks after I configured. HOWEVER, you must take delivery in Nov/Dec if you want the full tax credit. Don't miss out on $3750! I guess it depends on how lucky you feel. If you order in Sept. you'll probably be OK.