TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Got my correction paint pens

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by kevincwelch, May 18, 2013.

1. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

They're smaller than I thought they'd be:

uploadfromtaptalk1368912286082.jpg

What's that? You don't know what a Mum-Mum is? For reference:

uploadfromtaptalk1368912328644.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk.

2. The Fury

The Fury Member

Hello Mr. Welch... Where can I get one of those? Black...

3. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

4. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

5. jpasqua

jpasqua P19325

$9 shipping on a $20 product is a little silly.

6. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

would you be willing to share a before and after pic after using the pens?

7. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

I have yet to scratch my blue paint, but I do have a scratch on the wheel that I'm not ready to touch up yet. Maybe I'll give it a try.

How long do these things last if you touch a tiny spot? Will they "keep" if you haven't used them for a while? Those are my questions.

Sent via Tapatalk.

8. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

From my experience with paint pens in the past, I had touched up spots on my Audi still good after 10 years.

The pens keep a long time - 5 years maybe. Keep them on their sides, cap on tight, in a ziplock. Shake vigorously before using. The tips, not so much. Maybe get a few uses out of a tip before you need a new one.

9. Odenator

Odenator Member

Have one of the service guys order one for you and pick it up. That's what I did at the Portland service center when I had my second charger installed.

10. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

It is, though I find that the shipping amount is the same whether you order one item or five. I tend to wait and buy a few things at once - a couple paint pens and a few mobile charger adapters this time around. Still just $9 for them all.