Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got MY delivered, but rear driver door won't close.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The door closes perfectly if I roll the windows down. If I roll windows up, it won't close. I attached the pictures.
Door closes well if window is rolling down
View attachment 622006

Door cannot close if window is rolling up
View attachment 622007
i am noticing the same issue with brand new model Y. windows down it is closing without any issue.. with windows up it is not closing properly. Did your get solved with the time? in one of the youtube videos i saw it is a small bolt tighten fixed the issue

i am noticing the same issue with brand new model Y. windows down it is closing without any issue.. with windows up it is not closing properly. Did your get solved with the time? in one of the youtube videos i saw it is a small bolt tighten fixed the issue
Call Tesla service, they will fix that for you. Since you have new Tesla, just ask them to fix for no cost

Reactions: Satishc
Okay great news!!! It may take 1 minute to fix. I left my car with Tesla service for 2.5 hours for my door not closing. Slamming the door was the conclusion. This met Teslas specs. My drivers side front door was my problem. He’s what I did. I pushed in on door
Closing it slowly. The door raised upwards. Why?? The door gasket on the end of the door at the opposite end of the hinge is the problem! It looked like a drunk on Friday afternoon put it on. It should be closer to the outer face of the door. It snaked toward the inside of the door.
I removed it and straighten it out. Shut the door and it slamming was gone!!!! Drove it to 90mph and was dead silent! Look at other car doors. My passenger side door gasket was installed correctly and closed with a simple push if a finger.

Okay great news!!! It may take 1 minute to fix. I left my car with Tesla service for 2.5 hours for my door not closing. Slamming the door was the conclusion. This met Teslas specs. My drivers side front door was my problem. He’s what I did. I pushed in on door
Closing it slowly. The door raised upwards. Why?? The door gasket on the end of the door at the opposite end of the hinge is the problem! It looked like a drunk on Friday afternoon put it on. It should be closer to the outer face of the door. It snaked toward the inside of the door.
I removed it and straighten it out. Shut the door and it slamming was gone!!!! Drove it to 90mph and was dead silent! Look at other car doors. My passenger side door gasket was installed correctly and closed with a simple push if a finger.
Folks don’t realize how many problems like this exist. And many instances won’t be so visible as your stubborn door. Had similar issues on my X that I fixed myself.

Good detective work.

Call Tesla service, they will fix that for you. Since you have new Tesla, just ask them to fix for no cost

Tesla mobile service guy said it is common for new cars and it will take time, i think gradually i am seeing that doors are getting closed with single push