Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • TMC Podcast #11 will stream live Saturday at 1PM PDT. We will be joined by special guest JT Stukes, a former engineer at Tesla. You can watch it live and participate in the chat on YouTube. We will addressing viewer comments and questions. For more information, follow the TMC Podcast #11 thread.

Got my Delivery email , but how do I postpone and can I postpone until after January 1st?

If you are waiting for the build back better bill, don’t lose your time, it will never pass, if it passes it means an economic war with Mexico and canada, and almost all the rare earth and most of the exotic metals come from canada, and massive penalty will be set on those, if it goes thru the penalty will raise the price of every car made in the us by about 10000 for ICE and 20000 for EV.

I have seen memo on the federal penalty for some strategic metals of 5000% anb more.

casey72017

MYP White/White - OD 11/10 - EDD 2/15-2/26 - SoCal
Nov 29, 2021
SoCal
If you are waiting for the build back better bill, don’t lose your time, it will never pass, if it passes it means an economic war with Mexico and canada, and almost all the rare earth and most of the exotic metals come from canada, and massive penalty will be set on those, if it goes thru the penalty will raise the price of every car made in the us by about 10000 for ICE and 20000 for EV.

I have seen memo on the federal penalty for some strategic metals of 5000% anb more.
Still, with the possibility that it passes in the future, the smarter thing for OP to do is definitely wait/hold as it’s only 2 weeks till 2022…

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC