Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my invite to order already..?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!
I made a reservation for my model 3 October 2017. I got my invite to order April 26th! It said Delivery would be 4 to 8 weeks. I live in B.C. Canada and I think that is the reason I got my invite so early. (I think they are coming to Canada to prolong the federal tax credit situation in the U.S. I am waiting for the awd dual motor option, so I am still just holding my place. Hope they release it soon!!

Hi!
I made a reservation for my model 3 October 2017. I got my invite to order April 26th! It said Delivery would be 4 to 8 weeks. I live in B.C. Canada and I think that is the reason I got my invite so early. (I think they are coming to Canada to prolong the federal tax credit situation in the U.S. I am waiting for the awd dual motor option, so I am still just holding my place. Hope they release it soon!!

It was Elon's attempt to help out both Canada's buyers to get tax credit before it gets canceled and possibly shift U.S. tax credit phase out limit reaching into Q3. It seems they already invited most if not all Canada reservations.
What estimate for AWD delivery is showing for you?

Btw, here your compatriots advocate for RWD with snow tires Canada VIN thread and Delivery Thread

Last edited:
It was Elon's attempt to help out both Canada's buyers to get tax credit before it gets canceled and possibly shift U.S. tax credit phase out limit reaching into Q3. It seems they already invited most if not all Canada reservations.

I get this feeling while Tesla has gone quickly through all the Canadian reservations to try to delay the 200,000th U.S. sale for the "First Production," the same order will not apply for AWD configurations. By then, Tesla will already be over 200,000 and I think it will be a while for any late reservations to get the AWD invite. I also wouldn't be surprised in Tesla rescinds the invitations for First Production to the late reservations once they will no longer be able to get the 3 in Q2.

I get this feeling while Tesla has gone quickly through all the Canadian reservations to try to delay the 200,000th U.S. sale for the "First Production," the same order will not apply for AWD configurations. By then, Tesla will already be over 200,000 and I think it will be a while for any late reservations to get the AWD invite. I also wouldn't be surprised in Tesla rescinds the invitations for First Production to the late reservations once they will no longer be able to get the 3 in Q2.
I agree Canada's AWD invites should not come prior to U.S.'s, like they are getting their First Production invites prior to us. They might be getting theirs fullfilled in the order of reservation date or in case U.S. logistics/delivery chain is at a full capacity. Which is why I asked about delivery estimate for Oct 2017 reservation. Mine is 4/1/2016 and AWD delivery estimate is end of 2018.

Btw, here your compatriots advocate for RWD with snow tires Canada VIN thread and Delivery Thread

My AWD delivery estimate says Mid 2018. But I do think it will be the end of 2018! Fingers crossed their estimate is right!

I agree Canada's AWD invites should not come prior to U.S.'s, like they are getting their First Production invites prior to us. They might be getting theirs fullfilled in the order of reservation date or in case U.S. logistics/delivery chain is at a full capacity. Which is why I asked about delivery estimate for Oct 2017 reservation. Mine is 4/1/2016 and AWD delivery estimate is end of 2018.

My AWD delivery estimate says Mid 2018. But I do think it will be the end of 2018! Fingers crossed their estimate is right! Sorry if I get mine before yours! (that’s the Canadian in me)