Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my Jeda charging pad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Replied to Jeda this morning and told them I thought they'd made the right call as that wasn't a good solution, and to go ahead and refund the module as I'd learned how to power it via 12V socket since placing the initial order. They agreed that was a great solution, and have already processed the refund.

Since then I went out for lunch. I dropped the iPhone X on the pad, starting streaming music from it, and drove Talith* about 15 minutes. The iPhone increased in charge, and for my needs that's good enough so I'll just continue to use the front ports to power it. That could change if Tesla ever gets the USB audio to work. I'd prepped a 256GB stick for Talith but stopped using it as half the songs get a load error, which stops playback.

* My 3's named after a blue dragon from the Pern series. Talith and his rider were one of the best at Search (finding candidates) for new riders, I'm hoping to do the same for future Tesla Drivers ;)

I almost went with the RPM pad, and then the Jeda, but didn’t like having my phone all the way down in the center console cubby, since I use Waze for navigation. After tons of research, I pulled the trigger on the Power 2 XVIDA magnetic Qi charger, which you can mount to the back of the model 3 screen, putting the phone directly in line of sight. I know this is a Jeda thread, but in case anyone is looking for another option, here’s my review of that device:

Review: Magnetic Power 2 XVIDA Qi Charger - The perfect Model 3 mount?

Just installed Jeda
Works great, even though my waterproof case. Looks like it came with the car stock.

Attachments

• 4CF1A2B3-DFB4-4302-88C4-808263C59B29.jpeg
    4CF1A2B3-DFB4-4302-88C4-808263C59B29.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 126
I got my Jeda pad about a month ago or so and I have a Galaxy S8 with a Mous limitless 2.0 case. I cannot get my phone to charge on the pad no matter what I do. I've been corresponding with Jeda and they have been extremely helpful, but I'm still running into this issue.

My somewhat uneducated guess is that the wireless device itself needs to be closer to the phone. I have 3 other different wireless chargers and they all work with no problem. I also have tried plugging my Jeda into a 2amp home AC charger, and still no luck. Jeda pad charges fine without the case.

Anyone else having issues with the Jeda pad and their case?

Anyone have any info on the Jeda Fast Charge Module issue? Received the Jeda Pad but not the FC Module (same as other posters).
They told me (same as mentioned earlier in this thread) that the initial version you couldn't charge and discharge the battery at the same time, so you would have to unplug it to charge, then plug it back in when it is done to use it again. They said they decided not to send out the defective ones and would then send the new unit at a later time or refund you the cost of the battery.

Received word about the fast charge module(battery pack). They're sending out an email tomorrow regarding what's up, but basically feedback from early users is the module was a hassle to use because you had to unplug/replug cables because it does not support charge-in and charge-out at the same time.

They're working with their supplier for a module that can do both, but it'll be limited to 2A instead of 3A. In the email you'll have the option to wait for the new module, or get a refund for the module.

Hey, did they update you on this? I got my Jeda yesterday and same deal, no fast charge module in the package. I've emailed them but this is now starting to appear to be a deliberate oversight without any notification to customer

Jeda seems to be amateur hour with this stuff.

I got notification today that the Nomad charging pad is going to be delayed a couple of weeks (10 days), they have all of the parts but want to do additional high temperature testing of the Li-ion battery packs before the units are assembled (they have all parts in the factory ready to go).

They will start shipping the initial pre-orders by September 14th and will have all pre-orders shipped by the 20th.

Nomad has a lot of experience building these kinds of accessories and it looks like they've put a lot more thought into their design than Jeda. The unit has an anti slip surface, has a bottom and middle divider to keep phones from sliding around in the car, and has a battery design that allows the unit to charge two phones at a full 7.5 watts.

Seems well worth the $129 price.

They told me (same as mentioned earlier in this thread) that the initial version you couldn't charge and discharge the battery at the same time, so you would have to unplug it to charge, then plug it back in when it is done to use it again. They said they decided not to send out the defective ones and would then send the new unit at a later time or refund you the cost of the battery.
I just got an email from Jeda with the generic response that you mentioned. Nothing specific on the ship date of the new ‘improved’ module, other than “in a few weeks”.

Reactions: Shygar
I looked at the nomad and it's much thicker than jeda due to the battery. I guess that's also why it has a built in lip on the pad. The jeda isn't going to charge your phone fast but for me, it serves its purpose, is easy, and looks great.