Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my M S 60 today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, today was the day that I got my S....
I placed my order on 5/21 and was promised a delivery date of 6/29 at 11 am. Received a call on 6/25 letting me know that the car was ready.
As the service center (Long Island City) is a bit away from me, and the schedule change, I was offered pickup service. True to the Tesla experience, a Town Car arrived and picked me up promptly and I was taken to "collect" my car.

Some highlights:

1. Most everyone was super helpful, friendly, and enthusiastic about the product and experience.
2. Tesla employees work 6.5 days a week! And they're happy about it. True believers in making a better experience for everyone.
3. They are watching the forums for ideas.
4. There are HUGE things on the horizon...

Loving the car! Acceleration is amazing (even in my lowly 60) and the quality is great.
Here's to hopefully years and lots of miles of smiles...
-Scott

I was offered pickup service. True to the Tesla experience, a Town Car arrived and picked me up promptly and I was taken to "collect" my car.

Congrats, Scott! I'm amused and a bit surprised a Town Car, not a freaking Tesla, was the pick-up car. I mean I know Town Cars are the thing in NYC, but still. I guess one last hurrah for ICE cars before you go electric forever. ;-)

Are they not offering home delivery any more, or did you not want home delivery?

- - - Updated - - -

That, and pics, or it's not real.
There isn't a person here that gets tired of new car photos. ;)

P.S. I'm with Greg--photos, Scott, we need photos!

Congrats on your new Model S!

Cam you elaborate on "huge things on the horizon"?

Thanks Dave... I wish I could... I was given a wink-wink on some info that could include Google...
Hill holder is another thing that was mentioned as a possibility. The specifics were short-term, but the over-all enthusiasm was for something well beyond cool things here and there. BIG BIG picture stuff. It sounds cliché but "game changing" was thrown around <g>...

P.S. I'm with Greg--photos, Scott, we need photos!

Ha ha... How's this as my first pic?
IMG_0992.jpeg

So, I got pulled over for speeding (known speed trap) within 25 min of taking the car out of the service center. Has to be some sort of record. Feigned total ignorance when the trooper came up, acting like I couldn't figure Park out. He took pitty on me <G>

Ugh... sorry the image is rotated 90 degrees...
More will follow, but it's been rainy and I had to go to work, so I've actually been dirtying up the car a bit <g>

Ha ha... How's this as my first pic? View attachment 24548
So, I got pulled over for speeding (known speed trap) within 25 min of taking the car out of the service center. Has to be some sort of record. Feigned total ignorance when the trooper came up, acting like I couldn't figure Park out. He took pitty on me <G>

Ugh... sorry the image is rotated 90 degrees...
More will follow, but it's been rainy and I had to go to work, so I've actually been dirtying up the car a bit <g>

Congrats on your new Model S! Is that the Meadowbrook? I live in Garden City....lol....great first pic I must say....just awesome!