Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my M3 yesterday in Toronto, amazing experience!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I'd post this quick since all I see are so many negative delivery experiences so thought I'd post mine in Toronto. I reserved April 20th, ordered June 28th or so, and took delivery yesterday at Toronto Lawrence. The staff were amazing and so helpful, and we were in and out in maybe 30-40 minutes. We got there 30 minutes before our appointment so had to wait 20 minutes or so. They then took my bank draft, had me sign the documents, took my insurance, and then had me log into the app and honk the horns while she photocopied everything.

The only iffy thing was they had me sign everything accepting delivery before even seeing my car but I honestly didn't care I just wanted it!

What I found interesting though to anyone else waiting on delivery, is don't listen to all the posts on here or reddit! I got SO much wrong information when posting on here that it's crazy. A few that stand out:

1) I posted before asking if you get the licence plate holders included or have to buy them. I was told you have to buy them they aren't included, so I bought 2 of them 2 months ago. Got my car yesterday, already had 2 installed.

2) I've seen people say you don't get anything for free with the car, but I got a 1/46th or something scale model of my M3 which was cool!

3) I asked about charging cables on here before and was told you pick what you need when you take delivery, like USB C, or Lightning etc. I got all 3 cables in a bag and didn't have to pick anything, they all came with the car.

4) I asked if you live downtown Toronto do you have to pick up the car in Oakville and was told on here that all GTA deliveries are done in Oakville, that Lawrence is just a store.

It was literally the easiest experience, even when they do orientation it was quick. They show you how to open and close the frunk, how to open the charging port, went through the menus with me etc. Things like using your phone as a key they said I can just set up myself at home which I did.

My original appointment was September 16th so I would have missed the $14,000 Ontario rebate by 6 days, but the car arrived early so they were able to expedite my delivery so I qualify, so I'm super happy.

I checked the car over, I haven't seen a single defect or issue, the paint is pristine. Same with the charging door, I saw posts people saying it's not aligned properly with the rest of the light but mine looks perfect, there's nothing wrong at all. The only negative is that Slacker is garbage and Slacker Premium works 100% the same as the free included one, there's no different whether I'm logged into my Premium account or not, it always treats my account like it's free (no playlists, won't play the same song more than once etc.)

I have to say, this is hands down, the best car I have ever owned or driven. I have never even been in a Tesla before this and bought it without even seeing a M3 in person. I will NEVER forget that feeling of pulling out of the lot onto Lawrence and just opening it up and having it literally take off like a rocket launching so fast. I love it!

Congratulations! Glad to hear your delivery experience was mostly positive!

Interesting that you received so much incorrect information before delivery. Especially related to items you receive with the vehicle. I didn't get a model "Model 3" due to lack of availability from my delivery center, but otherwise I had a similar experience.

So glad you're able to take advantage of the $14,000 CAD rebate. Talk about under the wire! Really glad the judge ruled in Tesla's favour! You'll have to post some "beauty" shots once you get a chance after a few days of "playing" with your new Model 3. Congrats again!

Congratulations! Glad to hear your delivery experience was mostly positive!

Interesting that you received so much incorrect information before delivery. Especially related to items you receive with the vehicle. I didn't get a model "Model 3" due to lack of availability from my delivery center, but otherwise I had a similar experience.

So glad you're able to take advantage of the $14,000 CAD rebate. Talk about under the wire! Really glad the judge ruled in Tesla's favour! You'll have to post some "beauty" shots once you get a chance after a few days of "playing" with your new Model 3. Congrats again!

I know, got so lucky with the rebate!! Here's a quick one I took immediately after leaving the lot when I pulled over at a random spot just to set up Bluetooth and what not. :)

Imgur

Was funny because it was literally 35 out yesterday was so hot we were dying, so was kinda like getting the authentic California delivery experience haha.

Reactions: McCaesar and Kermee
Thought I'd post this quick since all I see are so many negative delivery experiences so thought I'd post mine in Toronto. I reserved April 20th, ordered June 28th or so, and took delivery yesterday at Toronto Lawrence. The staff were amazing and so helpful, and we were in and out in maybe 30-40 minutes. We got there 30 minutes before our appointment so had to wait 20 minutes or so. They then took my bank draft, had me sign the documents, took my insurance, and then had me log into the app and honk the horns while she photocopied everything.

The only iffy thing was they had me sign everything accepting delivery before even seeing my car but I honestly didn't care I just wanted it!

What I found interesting though to anyone else waiting on delivery, is don't listen to all the posts on here or reddit! I got SO much wrong information when posting on here that it's crazy. A few that stand out:

1) I posted before asking if you get the licence plate holders included or have to buy them. I was told you have to buy them they aren't included, so I bought 2 of them 2 months ago. Got my car yesterday, already had 2 installed.

2) I've seen people say you don't get anything for free with the car, but I got a 1/46th or something scale model of my M3 which was cool!

3) I asked about charging cables on here before and was told you pick what you need when you take delivery, like USB C, or Lightning etc. I got all 3 cables in a bag and didn't have to pick anything, they all came with the car.

4) I asked if you live downtown Toronto do you have to pick up the car in Oakville and was told on here that all GTA deliveries are done in Oakville, that Lawrence is just a store.

It was literally the easiest experience, even when they do orientation it was quick. They show you how to open and close the frunk, how to open the charging port, went through the menus with me etc. Things like using your phone as a key they said I can just set up myself at home which I did.

My original appointment was September 16th so I would have missed the $14,000 Ontario rebate by 6 days, but the car arrived early so they were able to expedite my delivery so I qualify, so I'm super happy.

I checked the car over, I haven't seen a single defect or issue, the paint is pristine. Same with the charging door, I saw posts people saying it's not aligned properly with the rest of the light but mine looks perfect, there's nothing wrong at all. The only negative is that Slacker is garbage and Slacker Premium works 100% the same as the free included one, there's no different whether I'm logged into my Premium account or not, it always treats my account like it's free (no playlists, won't play the same song more than once etc.)

I have to say, this is hands down, the best car I have ever owned or driven. I have never even been in a Tesla before this and bought it without even seeing a M3 in person. I will NEVER forget that feeling of pulling out of the lot onto Lawrence and just opening it up and having it literally take off like a rocket launching so fast. I love it!

Awesome post - thanks! And wow you're lucky to get the rebate - good for you.

I'm confused though - did you pick up in Oakville or Lawrence? So pick-up-only-in-Oakville is the myth?

I'm confused though - did you pick up in Oakville or Lawrence? So pick-up-only-in-Oakville is the myth?

Maybe not 100% relevant, but when I got my Model X in March, they definitely tried to push me to Oakville although said they would make special arrangements for Lawrence if I wanted. I live closer to Oakville anyway, so no issue for me... but I thought that it was interesting.

I'm surprised by the long lead time. We ordered on Jun 10th, and took delivery on Jul 5th. Less than a month. Same configuration exactly, different colour. Lawrence as well.

I didn't get the invite to order though until June 28th or so when they opened it up for everyone, where orders were going in like crazy. I reserved it on April 20th or so around there. I was in no rush to get it (ideally wanted it before snow) but it was more the rebate making me want it sooner. Elated that I qualified for it by 5 days; might have to tweet a photo of the rebate cheque and myself standing with my car to old Douggie lol.