Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my midnight silver Model S 100D wrapped with XPEL Stealth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Huge thanks to Jurgen at Vancouver ClearBra for the job. It looks better than I could ever imagine it to look.

Will post more pictures later once I get my camera gear ready.

0GbrVLM.jpg

UY6ZVW3.jpg

Wow! Thank you for sharing, your car looks amazing! As thanks, we'd love to send out an XPEL Swag Pack. If you're interested, email me your t-shirt size and shipping information so we can get that order in. This goes for ANYONE on this thread with XPEL on their car(s).

Regards,

Michael Dobbins
XPEL - Marketing Manager
[email protected]

Thanks everyone for the comments and thanks Michael for the swag pack offer. :)

Thats awesome. I wanted to get that look on my car too. Might have to get some quotes on that here in GTA. Since you are in Canada, if you don't mind sharing, how much did it cost for paint correction and full body wrap of stealth?
Full body wrap for stealth including correction was $6036 including taxes. I shopped around various places including Washington State and this place I went to was a certified installer of XPEL. Didn't want to take any chances with a bad wrap.

• Informative
Reactions: vraev
Wow! Thank you for sharing, your car looks amazing! As thanks, we'd love to send out an XPEL Swag Pack. If you're interested, email me your t-shirt size and shipping information so we can get that order in. This goes for ANYONE on this thread with XPEL on their car(s).

Regards,

Michael Dobbins
XPEL - Marketing Manager
[email protected]
PM sent. Dropping my car off thursday after a 3 week wait for xpel stealth film (apparently there is a huge shortage). But, finally getting it done. Will post before/after pics with my black model S. :)

Full body wrap for stealth including correction was $6036 including taxes. I shopped around various places including Washington State and this place I went to was a certified installer of XPEL. Didn't want to take any chances with a bad wrap.

Thanks for the info. Thats good to know. I will try to shop around here in Toronto and see what I can manage. There is already some swirl marks (caused by dealership) ... so I definitely need some paint correction too. I was thinking about clear Xpel..but I really like this stealth look. Pretty slick.

It looks cool but $6k for a wrap is just plain crazy. How many man-hours can it possibly take? Let's say it takes 40 hours -- which seems excessive. Assume a very generous $1k for the roll of plastic film and that leaves $125/hour for the labor. It just does not add up. Somebody is making a hell of a profit.

It looks cool but $6k for a wrap is just plain crazy. How many man-hours can it possibly take? Let's say it takes 40 hours -- which seems excessive. Assume a very generous $1k for the roll of plastic film and that leaves $125/hour for the labor. It just does not add up. Somebody is making a hell of a profit.
You can check the cost of the PPF directly from XPEL's website. If someone wants to buy the pre-cut kits they cost quite a bit.
$1k for the hood, $600 for the front bumpers, $400 for the rocker panels, $400 for the rear bumpers, $1000 for the doors, $600 for the trunk lid, $700 for the rear fenders, $150 for the luggage area, $150 for the pillars. Around $5k.

XPEL's website seems to also have rolls for sale. A sedan is about 300 square feet. XPEL Stealth seems to be going for $60 per 5 square feet. That's still at least $3k.

Last edited:
My installer did the paint correction, as @Astraviel had, as well as cut the wrap to ensure the fewest seams were visible, and ensured that the ultrasonic sensors were cut out.

I got full front XPEL Ultimate at Chicago Auto Pros (also certified -- that's how you get the 10 year warranty). Got it done December 26 2016 and still looks great (This was after install). They put on a ceramic coating over the wrap. No rock chips after 16 months and 26.5k miles.

20161223_121644.jpg

OK so that explains who is making the insane profit. This is a roll of thick plastic. It's one step above the stuff that people wrap up food with. Charging $1000 for a hood-sized piece is crazy, there is nothing to justify that. I know people are excited about the 10-year warranty, but if you pay 50x what something is worth, the vendor can afford to give you several free pieces later.

You can check the cost of the PPF directly from XPEL's website. If someone wants to buy the pre-cut kits they cost quite a bit.
$1k for the hood, $600 for the front bumpers, $400 for the rocker panels, $400 for the rear bumpers, $1000 for the doors, $600 for the trunk lid, $700 for the rear fenders, $150 for the luggage area, $150 for the pillars. Around $5k.

XPEL's website seems to also have rolls for sale. A sedan is about 300 square feet. XPEL Stealth seems to be going for $60 per 5 square feet. That's still at least $3k.