Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my midnight silver Model S 100D wrapped with XPEL Stealth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have xpel stealth on my 90d. Does anyone have any issue with the edges lifting when driven in cold weather? I was skiing and when I got back, the edges on my hatch are coming up a little.

I reached out to my installer who is going to trim them, but I was wondering if it was just me.

Looks great! Any pics with your Avant Garde F221 on the car?
Not yet. @Josh@GYW sent me adapters to fit in the TPMS but they haven't come quite yet. Hopefully later today or tomorrow.

The wheel itself looks like this:

41394040445_a9612afc8a_z.jpg

I have xpel stealth on my 90d. Does anyone have any issue with the edges lifting when driven in cold weather? I was skiing and when I got back, the edges on my hatch are coming up a little.

I reached out to my installer who is going to trim them, but I was wondering if it was just me.
Not just you. Peeling seems to be a common problem. I haven't had any issues once the peeling pieces were trimmed though.

Seems very expensive for plastic wrap. Would it not be cheaper just to touch up the paint if you get some rock chips?

Don't get me wrong the car looks great with he wrap. The cost I can't get my head around. Maybe Tesla should offer this as an add as their is a good margin in it.

Have you added any special treatments to the underside of the car to protect against corrosion etc.

Seems very expensive for plastic wrap. Would it not be cheaper just to touch up the paint if you get some rock chips?

Don't get me wrong the car looks great with he wrap. The cost I can't get my head around. Maybe Tesla should offer this as an add as their is a good margin in it.

Have you added any special treatments to the underside of the car to protect against corrosion etc.

It is expensive but paint restoration is not going to be cheap either. Satin allows you to avoid the cost of paint correction like I did with ultimate.

I know my car's paint is flawless and will stay that way. It's resale value in a private sale should be higher. So far it had performed well. Value is always subjective.

I don't think it's worth bothering with the underside of a Tesla. Have you looked under your car? It's a plastic covered steel coffin instead of normal underbody. Just wash out your wheel wells.

The cost to touch up the paint is higher than replacing a particular part of the wrap. I know because someone keyed my car on the passenger side. The wrap replacement was $125. A paint job would've been higher.

I have not done anything to the underside.

Thank you for the information.

I was more concerned with the wheel wells and suspension in regions where they still use brine solutions (magnesium chloride) that are effective for safety, but take an immense toll on your car.

Have been washing my wheel wells regularly.

The cost to touch up the paint is higher than replacing a particular part of the wrap. I know because someone keyed my car on the passenger side. The wrap replacement was $125. A paint job would've been higher.

I have not done anything to the underside.
\
Thank you that was going to be my next question. Sorry to hear your car got keyed. Agree a paint job would have cost a lot more.

Not sure if it is bc I am in the Northeast and ski quite a bit but keeping it clean in the winter is a pain. I get tons of compliments but things like having to get edges that lift fixed are annoying. That being said, I don't have to worry about a single swirl on the car and I got one scratch and xpell was willing to replace the entire panel.