Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my Model 3 in ONE DAY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On Friday, September 28th,2018, I drove 150 miles to Columbus, Ohio to take a Model 3 test drive st 12:00 noon.

It was an amazing experience and my wife just happened to ask if this demo was for sale. The answer was yes, since it had about 2000 miles on it.

We were just going to order a Model 3 and left our checkbook at home (we only shop using credit cards). Also I had not made any financing plans because I didn't plan to buy today.

A relative put funds in my checking to cover the purchase, didan electronic transfer to Tesla, DONE DEAL

They knocked off several thousand dollars for the 2000 miles already used. I traded in my 2015 Toyota Camry SLE with only 14500 miles (didn't get enough money, but I really wanted that Model 3).

Took test drive at 12:00 noon, headed home my new Tesla Model 3 at 4:30 pm same day! No order with $1000 down! No wait time!

WOW!!!

That's $0.77/mile — a rather high discount. Usually you can expect around $0.25/mile.

That is not my experience at all. BMW new policy is that service loaner and demo vehicles have to be sold into the 2nd hand market with 5,000 or less miles on them. I believe this is due to laws around how many miles can be on a car and have it qualify for a new car lease.

Discounts on demo vehicles with 4k-5k miles are not $900 or $1000 dollars, they are several thousand dollars, at a minimum.

That is not my experience at all. BMW new policy is that service loaner and demo vehicles have to be sold into the 2nd hand market with 5,000 or less miles on them. I believe this is due to laws around how many miles can be on a car and have it qualify for a new car lease.

Discounts on demo vehicles with 4k-5k miles are not $900 or $1000 dollars, they are several thousand dollars, at a minimum.
Guess what? This isn't BMW.

I took a brand new car and had $3,000 or so discount. The MVPA listed all options at current price. Ie. $2,000 for the Silver paint but I only paid $1,000 and $20,000 for AWD but I paid like $18,000.

You should check to make sure they sold you the options at cost at the time when the car was built. Charging someone $2,500 for red paint in a car built on June and giving you a $1,500 discount is not a real discount.

• Helpful
Reactions: kablammyman
I took a brand new car and had $3,000 or so discount. The MVPA listed all options at current price. Ie. $2,000 for the Silver paint but I only paid $1,000 and $20,000 for AWD but I paid like $18,000.

You should check to make sure they sold you the options at cost at the time when the car was built. Charging someone $2,500 for red paint in a car built on June and giving you a $1,500 discount is not a real discount.

Why the discount on a new car?

Congrats! That's the fastest Model 3 purchase I've heard about. You'll love it! (BTW, I was in Barboursville over the summer, visiting relatives in Teays Valley and other parts. I was even able to visit Tesla, WV on my travels, too.)
Strange! Tesla can't sell in West Virginia because there is an Automobile Dealers Law that says no auto company can sell direct to customers, only automobile dealers. Where was the Tesla WV store?

This is why I had to travel 150 miles Columbus, Ohio, that is my nearest Tesla Showroom.

• Informative
Reactions: Galve2000
Why would anybody buy a demo car when a brand new one is easily available?

$1540 is a minuscule discount, imo

1. Forgot to tell about the Bonus. It was the Metallic Silver paint which I really wanted but no longer made.
2. I got it NOW.
3. Saved me another 300+ mile round trip when my (ordered) Model would arrive in about 4 weeks.
4. As a demo car all bugs should already be fixed. No 300 mile round trips for service.
5. I am 83+ years old and could kick the bucket before I could experience a Tesla Model 3.