Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my Model 3 in ONE DAY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. Forgot to tell about the Bonus. It was the Metallic Silver paint which I really wanted but no longer made.
2. I got it NOW.
3. Saved me another 300+ mile round trip when my (ordered) Model would arrive in about 4 weeks.
4. As a demo car all bugs should already be fixed. No 300 mile round trips for service.
5. I am 83+ years old and could kick the bucket before I could experience a Tesla Model 3.

LOL. Anyways, glad you got what you want. As long as you are happy....Happy and healthy driving!

Reactions: neroden
C'mon man! That's a not a discount! If you reserved it before the price change, they will honor it.

Yes, I know that is why I asked the OP to check their deal. They could have overcharged paint and AWD then give them a $1.5k discount which it's not a real discount.

I didn't get a real discount either. My car was $63.2k but I paid 59k. Again not a real discount but my window sticker shows it's a $63.2k car. Again not a real discount but they had to take off $3,200 to match my order price.

Just want to make sure they didn't do the same to the OP where the fake discount is actually the real price of the car when it was built. Demo cars was before the price hike. Demo cars were P cars so they could have tacked on $1,200 to match current price and then gave them a $1,500 discount.

20181004_222107.jpg

1. Forgot to tell about the Bonus. It was the Metallic Silver paint which I really wanted but no longer made.
2. I got it NOW.
3. Saved me another 300+ mile round trip when my (ordered) Model would arrive in about 4 weeks.
4. As a demo car all bugs should already be fixed. No 300 mile round trips for service.
5. I am 83+ years old and could kick the bucket before I could experience a Tesla Model 3.
Wow congrats! Especially for #5! Was RWD/AWD or P? What kind of wheels?

Yea sucks that some of us put reservation down on day 1, and ordered over 3 months prior for that exact configuration and I am still waiting!!! Yet Someone can walk in off the street and buy one that day while some of us wait....

I hear you Shane. My family had a 4/1 and 4/6 reservations. We got the RWD end of Feb, but just recently got our P3D. The only reason I have my P3D is because I had a sales person look through the available inventory for it at the end of Q3 when they had access. They didn’t find my exact config, then Isaid I’d be willing to take a P3D+ if there’s a showroom model with low mileage and no damage. They found one, gave me a discount for the mileage on the car. If I hadn’t reached out to them I’m sure I’d still be waiting. Don’t know if sales people still have access to the inventory, but may be worth visiting your local showroom. From me reaching out to getting the car was 3 days.

I hear you Shane. My family had a 4/1 and 4/6 reservations. We got the RWD end of Feb, but just recently got our P3D. The only reason I have my P3D is because I had a sales person look through the available inventory for it at the end of Q3 when they had access. They didn’t find my exact config, then Isaid I’d be willing to take a P3D+ if there’s a showroom model with low mileage and no damage. They found one, gave me a discount for the mileage on the car. If I hadn’t reached out to them I’m sure I’d still be waiting. Don’t know if sales people still have access to the inventory, but may be worth visiting your local showroom. From me reaching out to getting the car was 3 days.
I actually did speak to a local adviser and they offered me a rwd with 3k+ miles but said it would take 3 weeks to buy??? Also by the time they raised the price on the paunt vs when I ordered and the extra 200 delivery, the discount was minimal on basicly a used car.... also if I wanted rwd, I could have ordered in March!

Nuts why don't they offer demo's to the people that have been waiting for two years and put down deposits?

"it never hearts to ask!" they say... We can thank the OPs wife in this instance. "Luck favors the bold" also comes to mind.. b/c some of us would be too timid to ask... thank you x2 OPs wife... ;)

OP, you may have gotten a discount for the 2,000 miles but I don't think your purchase will qualify for a federal tax credit. IN other words, you really did not get a discount. Congrats on the car!

I'm a little rusty on my Federal Tax Credit knowledge, but I am fairly certain that loaners and demo cars ARE IN FACT eligible for the tax credit. the OP may be retired with not very much tax liability, but he can file for the tax credit and receive same up to the amount of tax liability he has for the 2018 year.

if he had purchased a CPO vehicle (and I do not believe there are any M3 CPOs at the time of this writing,) then the OP would not be eligible for a tax credit. but since he is the 1st to register the car who is not a "dealer," he can, and should, claim the credit,\.

@MChewie kindly stop spreading FUD!!

Reactions: neroden and Pkmmte
Congrats... anyone knocking it is #jelly. You got the car you wanted immediately, most folks would give their left or right nut to get what you did and you were able to test drive and inspect prior to driving home... congrats again and enjoy.

2. I got it NOW.
thanks for sharing good stories and congratulations! welcome to the Tesla family!
need more people sharing good experiences. otherwise this forum is full of bad experiences ;)

Reactions: webdbbt