Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my Model S - 2 days early. Story and pics!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice weather to go with the car. Is that std or air suspension?

Standard. Honestly, this car drives so well I have a hard time imagining much more improvement with Air. I put the money into the parking sensors and stereo...both I knew I would use. The sensors are great and help me tremendously in my tight garage. I love my music and this stereo performs admirably enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice! I like the combo of Blue and Black. That was my pick until I saw a Red one in person. :) Congrats and have a great weekend of driving.

Red was my initial first choice. However, MRS was more partial to blue. So, you see how things roll at my house. Can't wait to see yours when you get it. This forum helped tremendously on educating me about the car and in getting me a daily fix of eye candy.

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice! I like the combo of Blue and Black. That was my pick until I saw a Red one in person. :) Congrats and have a great weekend of driving.

Red was my initial first choice. However, MRS was more partial to blue. So, you see how things roll at my house. Can't wait to see yours when you get it. This forum helped tremendously on educating me about the car and in getting me a daily fix of eye candy.

Looks amazing Cygnus! Great color choice, that was my first choice, but then my wife and I went with the Gray because we already have a very dark black car and I'm obsessive about keeping it clean :) ENJOY!

Aha! That was my thinking exactly. My black car looks great… for a short period of time after I clean it. Getting it detailed and coated next week to hopefully make things a little easier.

Hoping the gray will be a little less maintenance.

Aha! That was my thinking exactly. My black car looks great… for a short period of time after I clean it. Getting it detailed and coated next week to hopefully make things a little easier.

Hoping the gray will be a little less maintenance.

I've been dusting the outside constantly. We had a dust storm here yesterday so it got filthy. That and removing fingerprints from the door handles. Carry a soft cloth in the glove box for emergency interior dust removal. I am obsessing.

Blue/black S

Looks like you got grey interior also. Perfect color.
Maybe see you on the road around PSP this fall.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 317
Congrats Cygnus! Looks awesome, and that's a really quick turnaround! I do really like how the blue seems to shift to black when it's out of the sun. Sometimes when I see a dark Model S on the road I can't tell if it's blue or black. :)

As for the battery cover, my service center told me that it's not uncommon for the cover to get snagged when the car goes on or off the truck en route to delivery. The cover does protect the battery, but it's perfectly safe to drive the car with a snagged or partially missing cover.

It happened to my car, and in my case, the service center noticed it and ordered a replacement part right before delivery, but they failed to tell me -- simple miscommunication, service manager wasn't around when I was and I guess he hadn't told the DS. The first friend I showed it to noticed it right away, and frankly I panicked a bit because I wasn't sure if I had done something wrong. But I was still only a couple miles away from the service center; a quick trip back put me at ease. They didn't have the replacement part yet, but they cut off the snagged part on the spot and told me to come back at my convenience. The service manager called an hour later to apologize for the miscommunication. A week or two later I went back (on very short notice), and they took care of the replacement while I waited an hour or so.

Definitely call the service center and ask them about it if you haven't already.

I like the look too. Just teasing you AZ folk.
I'm hoping they offer to cover me retro on my order. I put in a couple of emails, looks like it might be time for a follow up call.

Used them last night on my midnight drive to Wickenburg. That's a 30 minute drive from my house through the middle of nothing. Temp drops in the desert vs the city so it was about 67 degrees out. Windows down, sunroof at 30%. Stereo bumping. Running at about 70.

Glad I had the extra illumination and that I was paying attention because there were 2 damn donkeys strolling across the highway that I had to swerve to get around. Car handled the procedure like a champ of course. Driver was rattled.

Unfortunately, I don't think everyone was so lucky. On my way back there were a bunch of ambulance/cop/fire trucks at about that same spot with their lights flashing and off into the ditch. It was pitch black so I couldn't see much but I did have to turn around and figure out a different way to get home.

So after my first weekend I have put 500 miles on the car. Did one excursion to Prescott that was 160 miles round trip. Left with 235 miles of range on the car. Heading out of Phoenix to Prescott there is a fair amount of altitude to climb. Got to Prescott with 118 miles of range left on the car. 38 miles more than the 80 miles it takes to get to my door. I was a little range anxious but figured I'd get a lot of efficiency on the descent into the Valley. I was right. We made the 80 mile trip with 50 miles of range left on the car.

Also, I have a note into service on my 4 item punch list:

1. the scuff on the underside of the car (see pic)

photo (2).JPG

2. right rear passenger seat belt won't retract at all now
3. front passenger door doesn't close as smoothly as others
4. driver's side dome light doesn't click on and off like all the other domes. still works, but not with manual click

No biggie and I know they'll take care of it all.