Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my Model S Plaid VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was under the impression I hadn't ordered the car until I completed the order. Send a copy of your current insurance declarations page, as most insurance covers a new added car for 30 days. Also I put that I would pay cash. Everything can be changed prior to delivery.

All financing is done, and approved, I have uploaded my current Insurance card, and it is rejected due to incorrect VIN

When I ordered my MXP last year this part wasn’t required until I received my VIN on the app, seems to have changed with this order.

Anyone else keep getting emails from Tesla to “Complete Pre Delivery Tasks”,

they are asking for a copy of my insurance card with my new VIN number listed....

however, I have no VIN from Tesla yet?

View attachment 636415

You just have to wait now until you are assigned a VIN, then you can get proof of insurance from your Insurer. Then you can continue the process. I'm in the same situation as you, and probably most of the folks on here :) It's silly that they email you to continue the process at this stage before they have assigned you a VIN.

I wouldn't worry about it, I doubt it's delaying your order. I uploaded my insurance and I still got that email.

Thank you

Scraps said:
You just have to wait now until you are assigned a VIN, then you can get proof of insurance from your Insurer. Then you can continue the process. I'm in the same situation as you, and probably most of the folks on here :) It's silly that they email you to continue the process at this stage before they have assigned you a VIN.

Thank you

Curious thing - I got a second automated reminder email yesterday from Tesla that I need to finish my trade in submission, but I've done everything there is to do. Oddly, it still shows as "Trade-in valuation in progress", but I have a value when I open the trade-in credit details. Is there something here I'm missing?

upload_2021-2-13_14-9-0.png

Curious thing - I got a second automated reminder email yesterday from Tesla that I need to finish my trade in submission, but I've done everything there is to do. Oddly, it still shows as "Trade-in valuation in progress", but I have a value when I open the trade-in credit details. Is there something here I'm missing?

View attachment 636455

That’s because the value posted will be lower when your car arrives and you go for delivery....:eek:

• Informative
Reactions: Neon001
Yeah I know it's unlikely but I was hoping it might come before the 1 month lock on the trade in offer expires, but now that I think about it, that's not going to happen. Here's what it shows when you expand the details:
upload_2021-2-13_15-33-47.png

Yeah I know it's unlikely but I was hoping it might come before the 1 month lock on the trade in offer expires, but now that I think about it, that's not going to happen. Here's what it shows when you expand the details: View attachment 636497

I haven’t finalized the credit or trade yet because we don’t want our credit checked 2-3 times before delivery (PITA plus our credit has to be unfrozen each time) and the trade in value can be grossly off and may be much better selling privately.

Waiting until literal days before delivery has become the “norm” for us and our Tesla purchases.

View attachment 636455

I had the same issue when I submitted my trade in. SA wanted me to submit credit application but the loan info was a mess because they had given me offer with payoff amount. I called SA and told them and they said they would send email to trade in person and within an hour it was updated. Try reaching out to your SA.

• Helpful
Reactions: Neon001
Yeah I know it's unlikely but I was hoping it might come before the 1 month lock on the trade in offer expires, but now that I think about it, that's not going to happen. Here's what it shows when you expand the details: View attachment 636497

You are getting 46k for your Model 3 trade in?? I assume thats with FSD. Even with FSD that seems to be a great deal. Were you surprised when you got that offer?

You are getting 46k for your Model 3 trade in?? I assume thats with FSD. Even with FSD that seems to be a great deal. Were you surprised when you got that offer?
Yes, FSD, white interior and performance. Was I surprised? I'll admit, not exactly. I was very pleased with it, but I paid >$68k (about 65k after credits) less than two years ago and put <17k miles on it. Seems about right, tbh, based on my experience with ICE new car purchases. Then again, i know the price of the M3P has come down a LOT, so it probably seems like a very good trade in. I'm guessing this is part of the reason that resale on Tesla's seems very good.

I ordered a performance mid October or early November. I changed and confirmed my order to the update model s plaid same day it was announced. My delivery day time frame arrived couple weeks ago. The notice said February 15 to March 15. I received an automated email to do the next step of insurance. I haven’t received a VIN and I’m my state that is needed for insurance.

Reactions: Jarvisd1015

View attachment 636455

Tesla wants your payoff information