Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my Model S Plaid VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I don’t get is how some people are showing delivery dates. Is this on a converted order? My delivery date went away after conversion to the refresh, and I’ve seen the same from everyone else I’ve spoken to that had their order converted.

What I don’t get is how some people are showing delivery dates. Is this on a converted order? My delivery date went away after conversion to the refresh, and I’ve seen the same from everyone else I’ve spoken to that had their order converted.

Did you convert to a different model ie Performance to Plaid of Plaid to Long Range? Everyone I have spoken with shows their date after conversion are a like conversion.

A7CEE729-EA48-4908-AD52-0A10E05CDF95_1_201_a.jpeg

Jealous of you folks with possible Feb dates, but as I never had a pre-existing MS order, I count myself lucky that it'll even be that soon (1-31 March listed here).

Odd thing happened the other day - got an email from my local delivery team indicating that my Model S order had options in the configuration that weren't compatible with the newly refreshed configurator. Called and asked, and I guess it was just an error, cause I never had an order before the refresh...

Fingers crossed that I can still use my trade-in valuation when it comes time to take delivery, but I'm not counting on it. Honestly I wonder if it doesn't make more sense to sell private party (M3P with FSD), but I hate doing that...

Odd thing happened the other day - got an email from my local delivery team indicating that my Model S order had options in the configuration that weren't compatible with the newly refreshed configurator. Called and asked, and I guess it was just an error, cause I never had an order before the refresh...

I got that email too, and I ordered on the 27th. I asked my rep "hey do I get that discount" and mysteriously that message was ignored, no discount on my order. Lol.

Has anyone who placed a new Plaid order been contacted by their local delivery center yet? (Not people who had an existing order already)
I placed my order on the 27th and completed all the steps except the financing part, mainly because last time I bought one they told me financing was only good for 30 days and they would have to pull my credit again if 30 days passed before delivery. I was going to wait on that part until end of February. I normally hear from someone about 3-4 days after placing an order but the only thing I get are the automated emails from Tesla asking me to complete my delivery steps. I figured it was just too early and someone would reach out in a few weeks, but radio silence still...

Has anyone who placed a new Plaid order been contacted by their local delivery center yet? (Not people who had an existing order already)
I placed my order on the 27th and completed all the steps except the financing part, mainly because last time I bought one they told me financing was only good for 30 days and they would have to pull my credit again if 30 days passed before delivery. I was going to wait on that part until end of February. I normally hear from someone about 3-4 days after placing an order but the only thing I get are the automated emails from Tesla asking me to complete my delivery steps. I figured it was just too early and someone would reach out in a few weeks, but radio silence still...
Nah, I have an LR order in since 1/17, no contact from anyone. I've had to reach out to my local store for help.

I was under the impression I hadn't ordered the car until I completed the order. Send a copy of your current insurance declarations page, as most insurance covers a new added car for 30 days. Also I put that I would pay cash. Everything can be changed prior to delivery. It worked for my purchase last year. It all just needs to be accurate before delivery. Complete your order.