Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my MYP wrapped today..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went with “fashion grey” wrap. It’s not really that grey. It looks white with a shade of grey. If I can go back, I would have went with a darker grey but the wife picked this color and she’s happy with it. Most of my friends are telling me “why didn’t you just get a white car” but in person it pops and compared to the factory white, you can truly see the difference.

Attachments

• 5A1869BF-4571-4296-93C0-0E3CD7C4810B.jpeg
    5A1869BF-4571-4296-93C0-0E3CD7C4810B.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 234
  • 151341FC-E7CF-4A25-8438-3C8494E09B3A.jpeg
    151341FC-E7CF-4A25-8438-3C8494E09B3A.jpeg
    362.3 KB · Views: 229
Because when I remove the wrap in 2-3 years, ill have a mint metallic blue Model Y. I think the blue was an extra $1000 so it wasnt too bad and I think its worth it since Im planning on keeping the car for a long time.

I think I like...your thinking. Almost like revealing a new car in 3 years from now. I like that.
Oh...that wrap color is perfect. I like that BETTER than darker..

I went with “fashion grey” wrap. It’s not really that grey. It looks white with a shade of grey. If I can go back, I would have went with a darker grey but the wife picked this color and she’s happy with it. Most of my friends are telling me “why didn’t you just get a white car” but in person it pops and compared to the factory white, you can truly see the difference.
Looks nice! If you don’t mind telling, how much did the wrap cost?

Because when I remove the wrap in 2-3 years, ill have a mint metallic blue Model Y. I think the blue was an extra $1000 so it wasnt too bad and I think its worth it since Im planning on keeping the car for a long time.

This is smart, particularly if white is the only color that the primary driver doesn't find acceptable. I thought I was clever in picking the "free" color for my wife's Model Y. But now I'm committed to getting it wrapped forever.

I like the idea of a wrap as long as you're happy with it. I find this color to be way too close to stock, but your blue paint should be pristine when you unwrap it later. That's the fun of a wrap, eh? Color changes and protected paint, even if it's not really PPF it's better than paint exposed to elements.

Congrats!

Reactions: Premiertint