Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my new 2021 Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we ordered the LR Midnight Silver with Induction wheels on 10-31 and we just picked it up Friday 11-27. It did have the laminated glass on the driver and passenger doors but not on the rear doors. No glove box USB and I "think" we have the self dimming mirrors. The car was PERFECT as far as body panels and everything working, way better than I expected. There was one small thing in that the seats were dusty. My wife made sure that was taken care of. The customer service here in Nashville was absolutely GREAT! Everything went exactly how they said it would and even I made a few changes throughout the month we were waiting and they were all over it. I hope everyone of you has as good as an experience as we did.

Attachments

• IMG_8535.jpg
    IMG_8535.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 139
Reactions: cusetownusa
F the center console. How about the new Panasonic cells?!

When we picked up the Model Y on Monday, they had a Model 3 on the showroom floor with the new center console. I wasn't impressed. It really doesn't make much of a visual impact in my opinion, so it's neither here nor there for me. It just seems like change for the sake of change as opposed to really solving any problem or making any meaningful improvement.

I am guessing they have someone new in the interior department that just wanted to put their personal stamp on the interior.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a MY LR for my wife but am waiting on confirm that it has the 82KWh pack/efficiency package that the refreshed M3 got. Wish Tesla is more transparent about these things.... I would like the new console, just so it's visually different from my M3.

Reactions: Mo City
I'm ready to pull the trigger on a MY LR for my wife but am waiting on confirm that it has the 82KWh pack/efficiency package that the refreshed M3 got. Wish Tesla is more transparent about these things.... I would like the new console, just so it's visually different from my M3.

I hear you, I am in the same boat as posted above, waiting on the 82KWh pack.

It is a complete guess but it is possible they are working through the assembled inventory of "older" battery packs, consoles, etc. before they switch. One would think they want the M3 and MY on more of the same parts.

Reactions: Mo City
I hear you, I am in the same boat as posted above, waiting on the 82KWh pack.

It is a complete guess but it is possible they are working through the assembled inventory of "older" battery packs, consoles, etc. before they switch. One would think they want the M3 and MY on more of the same parts.
I’m in the exact situation here. I am scheduled to take delivery in 2 weeks but am in no hurry to get the car. I will defer delivery unless Tesla confirms this detail before then.

When we picked up the Model Y on Monday, they had a Model 3 on the showroom floor with the new center console. I wasn't impressed. It really doesn't make much of a visual impact in my opinion, so it's neither here nor there for me. It just seems like change for the sake of change as opposed to really solving any problem or making any meaningful improvement.

I am guessing they have someone new in the interior department that just wanted to put their personal stamp on the interior.

I thought I was the only person who likes the console as it is vs. the new design. With wraps, you can change the current console, too. I just find the new design boring, but to each their own!

Reactions: TLLMRRJ