Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my new 85D today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well it finally arrived PDi and I picked her up. WOW!!!!!!!!!!. I picked it up in Vancouver and took it back to Vancouver Island. What a day:biggrin: My DS was great maybe a bit rushed but I had done so much reading about the car before hand there was not much she could tell me. It was all I hoped for and more. I had installed a 1450 plug to charge but when I got to the store I picked up a HPWC and I installed it today.At least now I will always have the cable in the car. We stopped for lunch before catching the ferry to the island and when we got back into the car the nav system said I was in the middle of the Indian Ocean????????. I called the service center and TJ said to try a reboot that did not work and we had to get on the ferry everything else was fine. TJ i Vancouver service said he would try a few things. When we got off the ferry the car was fine. Thank you Tesla.

.when we got back into the car the nav system said I was in the middle of the Indian Ocean????????. I called the service center and TJ said to try a reboot that did not work

Your ferry boat was probably the kind with a steel structure above the car deck...? Your Tesla GPS then lost all comm with satellites and had no idea where it was.
Takes a while to tune in again. I am sure the Tesla GPS system is WAAS? (Wide area augmentation system)