TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Got my new 85D today

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by jmccrack, Jun 11, 2015.

1. jmccrack

jmccrack Member

Well it finally arrived PDi and I picked her up. WOW!!!!!!!!!!. I picked it up in Vancouver and took it back to Vancouver Island. What a day:biggrin: My DS was great maybe a bit rushed but I had done so much reading about the car before hand there was not much she could tell me. It was all I hoped for and more. I had installed a 1450 plug to charge but when I got to the store I picked up a HPWC and I installed it today.At least now I will always have the cable in the car. We stopped for lunch before catching the ferry to the island and when we got back into the car the nav system said I was in the middle of the Indian Ocean????????. I called the service center and TJ said to try a reboot that did not work and we had to get on the ferry everything else was fine. TJ i Vancouver service said he would try a few things. When we got off the ferry the car was fine. Thank you Tesla.

2. bmah

bmah Obscure Member

Congratulations!

3. rickgt

rickgt Enthusiast owner/member

congrats, enjoy your new ride. May have to update the avatar :biggrin:

4. TES-E

TES-E Member

Congratulations!!

5. 55lh55

55lh55 Member

Look like a couple island boys got new teslas this weekend! Another friend just picked up his P85D ! I'm taking credit on talking him out of the RS7

6. Norseman

Norseman Member

Your ferry boat was probably the kind with a steel structure above the car deck...? Your Tesla GPS then lost all comm with satellites and had no idea where it was.
    Takes a while to tune in again. I am sure the Tesla GPS system is WAAS? (Wide area augmentation system)

7. jmccrack

jmccrack Member

Thks guys all seems to be well now. My avatar is my other baby:smile: One note I have a strong 3G connection but I seemed to have lost my WIFI. I have a strong signal on my phone but no signal on my car.

8. SweetP

SweetP Member

Try a reboot. My signal got cranky after the last system download but returned to normal after rebooting.

9. PhinFL

PhinFL Member

Congratulations!!! Many safe miles ahead!