Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my new Model Y serviced, and now my Driver Cloud Profile is gone and can't get it back.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a less than 2 week old Model Y that I had to get serviced because the Autopilot computer failed. After picking it up from the Service Center, I noticed that my cloud profile is gone and I can't get it back. When I initially setup my Model Y on delivery day, I was able to sign in and create my cloud profile. But now I don't see that option, and I can't find a way to "sign in" or retrieve it. To test it out, I unpaired my phone key, repaired it to see if it would trigger anything, but no luck. I also created my wife a Tesla account, added her as a driver, and then the car immediately recognized her profile and created a cloud profile for her. So the feature works, but for some reason I can't get mine to work, and I'm the primary account holder.

Any ideas?

UPDATE: Raised a Service Request and was told that it's not normal that my cloud profile isn't showing up. I was instructed to do a Factory Rest since that's what Mobile Service is going to do anyway. I tried the Factory Reset and my profile still wasn't showing up. The following morning after the reset, my wife took out the car and her cloud profile showed up and synced as soon as she got in the car. I updated the service ticket and Mobile Service is supposed to come in 5 days, so we'll see after that.

UPDATE: Raised a Service Request and was told that it's not normal that my cloud profile isn't showing up. I was instructed to do a Factory Rest since that's what Mobile Service is going to do anyway. I tried the Factory Reset and my profile still wasn't showing up. The following morning after the reset, my wife took out the car and her cloud profile showed up and synced as soon as she got in the car. I updated the service ticket and Mobile Service is supposed to come in 5 days, so we'll see after that.
Any update on the mobile service?

Following up again if mobile service was able to solve your issue?

I have a less than 2 week old Model Y that I had to get serviced because the Autopilot computer failed. After picking it up from the Service Center, I noticed that my cloud profile is gone and I can't get it back. When I initially setup my Model Y on delivery day, I was able to sign in and create my cloud profile. But now I don't see that option, and I can't find a way to "sign in" or retrieve it. To test it out, I unpaired my phone key, repaired it to see if it would trigger anything, but no luck. I also created my wife a Tesla account, added her as a driver, and then the car immediately recognized her profile and created a cloud profile for her. So the feature works, but for some reason I can't get mine to work, and I'm the primary account holder.

Any ideas?
I just had this problem too. Still nothing. My son's profile shows up but mine won't yet I am the main account holder.

I received a call back yesterday claiming to have refreshed something on their side, the tech said something about restoring data from my previous computer and that process being finicky. Still no profiles today.

Another update, after opening a second case in the app they were able to remotely get the cloud profile to show up again.
I'm interested if there are any "magic words" to use in the service request? I just traded my M3 for a MY, and my wife's additional driver cloud profile showed up on the MY but mine (the primary account) did not. I submitted a service request under Other-Infotainment, but they replied back saying that sometimes they get corrupted and have to be set back up manually. Interestingly, it doesn't allow me to save the new profile to the cloud. We'll see if they do anything else about it. The actual appointment isn't until June 5.

Quick update: the latest update to the Tesla iOS app introduced a feature that resolved my issue (in a way). Under the app settings (top right profile icon) and Account, there’s now a line for “Tesla Profile.” Selecting that one takes you to a screen with one big red button to reset your Tesla profile. It would be nice to have more info on this screen as to what that actually does, but I tried it anyway.

After doing so, my car now has the ability to set up a new cloud profile (again) associated with my primary account by copying over the on-car driver profile. The old data from my previous Tesla is no longer there, but the cloud profile shows up again. Since I had to set everything up from scratch again anyway on the new Model Y while the cloud profile wasn’t showing up, I’m finally back to where I started. If you’ve been having the same issue, give it a shot.

How did you get the car to allow you to relink your Tesla profile? I accidently deleted my profile which removed it from the car but I have no option to re-add it. If I try to add driver as the instructions in the car says I get a message saying it's already linked to my account, which it is because the app works.