Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my P85+ this past Friday night at 11:30pm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered on May 23rd and took delivery June 28th. I'm happy because I'm going to put the car in the town 4th of July parade.

I live in Northern Utah. I got a phone call Friday morning from a driver saying he was driving through Sacramento and wanted to come directly to my house but he wouldn't arrive until late and wanted to know if that was OK. Naturally I said no problem.

The driver arrived about 11:30pm, here are some pics I took that night:

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

You'll love it. When they delivered my car was the first time I've ever seen a Tesla in person :biggrin:.
Now that's faith! I actually ordered mine without a test drive but drove a couple of times prior to delivery.

Nothing says new car company more than having the vehicle show up at your house.

By the way, I've got 12 hrs of ownership on you, picked up mine at 11:30 AM that day.

Extra :biggrin:

so how does it drive? you did try it out :smile:

It drives like a dream! I've put 300+ miles on it across 3 days -- and given a bunch of test drives. I have two friends strongly considering purchasing now.

I've never had a high performance care before, so I don't have a much to compare it too, but the instant acceleration and nimble handling is stunning.

Was your car exterior wrapped at all? I've read that cars are supposed to be wrapped before shipping, I'm curious whether doing this is something that should be checked or maybe it doesn't matter? I will be taking delivery in August, so I want to make sure I cover all the bases.

Now that's faith! I actually ordered mine without a test drive but drove a couple of times prior to delivery.

Nothing says new car company more than having the vehicle show up at your house.

By the way, I've got 12 hrs of ownership on you, picked up mine at 11:30 AM that day.

I've been following Tesla closely and reading everything, so the $120k purchase was well researched at least. :smile:

But yeah, it was a leap of faith to have never seen one in person or test driven one.

Congrats on your delivery, how many mlles you up to now?

- - - Updated - - -

Was your car exterior wrapped at all? I've read that cars are supposed to be wrapped before shipping, I'm curious whether doing this is something that should be checked or maybe it doesn't matter? I will be taking delivery in August, so I want to make sure I cover all the bases.

No wrap. However, the semi-truck driver delivery man told me that I should peel off the plastic on the front part of my hood -- I didn't.

Good thing I didn't since it is part of the paint armor option I paid $950 for :scared:

We were told it depends on the color... ours is Black and was not wrapped. Was a little dirty from being in the truck but the DS here in AZ offered a free detailing. Other wise it was perfect. Was fun to have a 57' trailer pull in front of the house and have your car backed out of it.

Awesome! The "first time I ever saw one in person" story should be added to the Tesla history book. It speaks strongly to the strength of this whole idea in general, and this company in specific. Big Congrats!

AND- what about the parade today?!

Awesome! The "first time I ever saw one in person" story should be added to the Tesla history book. It speaks strongly to the strength of this whole idea in general, and this company in specific. Big Congrats!

AND- what about the parade today?!

The parade was awesome. Very very fun. Thousands of people got their first in person look at a Tesla -- I talked to about 20+ people afterwards in depth about it.

I opened and closed the rear hatch multiple times and my 9 and 7 year old were back there tossing out candy.

I'm trying to round up some pictures and video from people we knew who were watching the parade. At the moment I just have one low quality video that was sent to me via SMS.