Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my Red protected with Opti-Coat....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posting because I asked here for advice a few months ago.

I had a conference in Cincinnati this past weekend, so I dropped off The Flying Squirrel at Eastside Auto Spa for Opti-Coat Pro Plus treatment and took an Uber to my hotel. I picked her up today.

GORGEOUS.

As a bonus, I drove promptly back to the Rivercenter to pick up a couple of colleagues and deliver them to the airport. Not only did I get to talk about the Tesla, but she looked FANTASTIC and they were so enthusiastic. One person kept stroking the paint, talking about how incredibly slick it was and how even though she wasn't a car person she just wanted to touch it. I found it hard to argue with her.

20160321_143059.jpg

20160321_152637.jpg

Bonus Tesla moment: my Uber driver on my way back had not heard of a Tesla, but his cousin had a Volt, and so we talked comparisons on the ride. We pulled in and I pointed out my car. "Girrrrl!" he enthused. "That is SO much better than a Volt!" :D

So if anyone's in the market, I can highly recommend Paul at Eastside Auto Spa. He was great with talking me through a product decision for my preferences and lifestyle, included a full paint correction and polish before application, and did a fantastic job, even doing some of the interior though I'd asked only for paint. Recommended.

I got a quote to put Xpel on the front of my MS, bumper,fenders,hood and mirrors. I live in a small town and the best installer quoted me $1600. Does this sound like a fair price to pay. He also quoted me $350 to put ceramic tint on all doors and hatch, I think that sounds like a fair price.

I got a quote to put Xpel on the front of my MS, bumper,fenders,hood and mirrors. I live in a small town and the best installer quoted me $1600. Does this sound like a fair price to pay. He also quoted me $350 to put ceramic tint on all doors and hatch, I think that sounds like a fair price.

$1600 is a good price if it's the full hood, not just 18" or 24" up. $350 for ceramic tint everywhere is average price, yes.