Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my ride blacked out today :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks good. What does that do for the temp of your door handles in Phoenix? I also have Midnight Silver and chrome handles get insanely hot when sitting in direct sun on a hot day.
I actually went to Walmart and bought some Velcro. I put the soft side in the back of the handles. I haven't been burned again since. I have had the car 1 year now and the Velcro h asnt melted off yet. Because of that, I'm not sure what wrapping them for the black out has done. Everyone loves the "felt" on the back of the handles though.

Attachments

• 20170508_132851.jpg
    20170508_132851.jpg
    710.9 KB · Views: 71
I actually went to Walmart and bought some Velcro. I put the soft side in the back of the handles. I haven't been burned again since. I have had the car 1 year now and the Velcro h asnt melted off yet. Because of that, I'm not sure what wrapping them for the black out has done. Everyone loves the "felt" on the back of the handles though.
I tried that and didn't really care for the feel of it, especially when wet. Of course, it was still better than scorched fingers.

Curious if anyone on this thread blackened or dipped the rear chrome? Or gone the extreme route of filling the brand lettering there?

Anyone die hard enough to spring for the old metal door handles to paint and replace?

Anyone with the fog lights tint the fog light covers to match the new blackened trim?

They removed and painted my handles and mirrors. They also painted the chrome in the back, even the lettering. Most of the chrome at the fog lights, but we stopped at taking apart the lights them selves. That's the only chrome left. I really like mine 99.9% blacked out. Powder coat rims, the rest is a mixture of vinyl, paint and plastidip. Looks amazing. These guys are very detailed and stand by their work. I had a little hesitation when I got it back on a wrapped part and they took it back and re-did it. They even found one more thing that they saw and re-did it too. I highly recommend these guys that did mine.