Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my S85D wrapped in Avery Brilliant Blue Matte Metallic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also decided that I am now going to wrap the wood trim as well, since I am not a fan of the matte obeche wood (mostly cause of the rough feel and bland look, doesn't feel high quality). I have grey leather and white alcantara.

What do you think of these? Since the interior is mostly flat with only slight curves (trim around display, around cupholders and the cover of the center console will be wrapped), the wallpaper should work okay, though it may leave residue due to stronger adhesive I think. I like the other one too, ordered both since it is so cheap.

If you want the wood look why not use the real stuff instead of the imitation vinyl? You can get some very interesting wood veneer with a sticky back. It can be cut with scissors and is easy to apply, although it cannot be applied to compound curves. It will look much better than the vinyl stuff.

il_570xN.652468469_s2d6.jpg

Well I hate the unpolished obeche it doesn't exhude luxury to me and the glossy one offered by Tesla didn't look any better. I don't really like the carbon fiber either that is too sporty looking. And the one I got is rough and too dark :/ I'm not sure I want to get real wood veneer, that also looked unpolished and is more expensive to install.. these are matte but with a little shine and I think they will look better when they put it on.

Since the dash trim is pretty flat they could install it in like 1 hr for $1-200, or even just do one section in 5 mins to see how it looks (like they did with my blue wrap that I showed a pic of on the dash in this thread). The cool thing about wrap is I can always take it off if it looks bad after installing!

Last edited:
There's no accounting for taste. You should choose what *you* like.
That said, since you asked, here's my preferences. Keep in mind that I love Cherry wood. I have it throughout my house. It's one of my favorites. So, with that in mind, from best looking to least in my opinion:
The original obeche
The less red roll
The redder roll

It might just be the pictures, but the rolls really don't look real to me, particularly the more red one. Not a fan, at all. Of course that means nothing about what you yourself should like or choose.

Looks awesome, matte paint on the tesla accentuates the lines and curves greatly :cool:

you should get the roof wrapped gloss black to connect the front and rear window

also the top of the nosecone would look better black...

What don't you like about the red one? I suppose it would go better with tan seats than grey but i like that color
Sorry for replying so late

Reddish wood, root wood, burl wood - this things are, in my taste (and I know I'm not alone with this) THE way to make a car look like "The pensioner's Benz". It is classy, noble, in a way, but in an "old man's" way. Turning 70, then buying a new Benz E-Class, equipped with red root wood, glossy... No way I'll ever do that ;) To me, that just doesn't seem right in a modern machine like the Model S: Futuristic car, modern, open, roomy interior concept, "old fart style" applications in red wood.

This is, in no way, meant against anyone who is retired or a pensioner, of course not. It's meant to explain who I think that type of car interior trim looks like, what I think when seeing one of those.

In a Model S, I like the no more available lace wood, or the new Obeche wood - non-glossy. If you like lighter woods, now - that's a thing I could think about, yes. Maple style? I think Audi is doing something like that. Now that might look good. I'd stick to light, grayish wood.

Since the outside blue is rather "cold", and the interior is rather "neutral", you don't want to go with those red woods. It will look terrible (to anyone with color sense). I think a walnut which has a lot less red, would be the safest bet, IF you are going to change it at all. The designers of the Tesla knew what they were doing, so take their cues. Of course, it's your car.....