Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my SGIP check!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

commasign

TeslaAdviceBlog.com
Aug 31, 2013
Davis, CA
Ordered 4 Powerwall 2’s on October 28, 2016 (announcement date I think).

Installed on September 5, 2017.

A dozen visits from Tesla, PG&E, city inspectors, and 3rd party inspectors and dozens of emails later, finally received the check today December 7, 2018. I have to say Tesla was always on top of things, at least for what they had control over. They could have dropped the ball many times but they didn’t. Every time any documents were requested Tesla submitted them quickly and completely. And Tesla techs were onsite for every inspection and made multiple adjustments to the system to get it to 100% compliance.

Paid $25822.75 - $18560 = $7262.75.

1499FB40-6752-43BA-93D9-82D01B096823.jpeg

Congratulations! Wow, that is a big check to get back -- pretty sweet. I thought SGIP rebate maxed out at two power walls?!? I'd have liked to do a couple more just for backup purposes.

I had two installed in Dec 2017 and was just notified a week or so ago that I'd get my check in about 30 days. In my case, Tesla delayed things many times by messing up paperwork. They nearly had to start all over at one point because they had submitted it incorrectly so many times. But they came through in the end.