Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got phone call and e-mail from Tesla .... same old stuff ... soft of ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dont plan on going to any orientation ..

my plan is to show up to my delivery and take my sweet ass time looking over the car, asknig questions, playing with the car before i take delivery ..

if they are busy .. too bad .. i will just delay them ..

my only way of being a dick after they made me wait to take delivery ..

(j/k -- i',m not really going to do this . . but its a fantasy i think about while waiting)

I went to the same so called orientation seminar about a week or so ago. It was a waste of time if you spent enough time on this forums or watching YouTube about the model 3. They are just keeping themselves busy while waiting for the delivery just like us. No one really knows when.

They are keeping themselves busy ... and also ... they are keeping US busy. These seminars are the most accurate predictors of the wait to come. I don’t even think the SAs know anything, but the execs do.

The sad part is that Tesla execs really think we will fall for this nonsense. How hard is it to announce what really is going to be the delivery timeline?

Just called tesla because I ordered back on october 11th with zero contact since.

SA said they are not making NA cars until december as we all suspected. "you should have yours in the nevada area probably by the second week of december since you were one of the first orders of the quarter"

My trade in expired but my account didn't say this at all... The rep is calling me back later to see if the value is still the same and would be honored or not. Also said that I might need to do the financing again but it isnt expired yet.

Seems like the tesla website barely reflects any current info. My account is blank under estimated delivery, it used to say 2-3 weeks, and the trade in doesnt show anything about it being expired.
Be prepared for them not to honor that trade value, just sayin'...the whole "circumstances beyond our control" thing.

I think this is a brilliant idea on Tesla's part. People have been constantly complaining that they get no communications from Tesla during "The Wait", then when they get an invite to get most all their questions answered they complain.

If people would go to the pre-delivery meeting they can gat many questions answered, and in an organized manner, become familiar with their new cars.

They can see all the colors, learn about the unique door handles, see the size of the trunk. Sit in all the seats, learn how to adjust those seats. Get a real feel for the physicality of their new cars.

Experts will be on hand to answer specific questions and actually plug and unplug the car. Can talk about different adaptors and check out the information on the display (s).

You can bring your families to see how they fit, and even bring along your child seats to practice getting them installed.

You can see the different size tires/wheels and learn about their impact on range.

Lots of time consuming tasks can be done in this low/no pressure environment. This will save precious moments during the hetic final rush to get as many people delivered as possible prior to EOY.

Even if you do not go, having this event for others will speed up final days deliveries, so that you will not need to wait so long for your turn in the delivery que.

I think this is a brilliant idea on Tesla's part. People have been constantly complaining that they get no communications from Tesla during "The Wait", then when they get an invite to get most all their questions answered they complain.

If people would go to the pre-delivery meeting they can gat many questions answered, and in an organized manner, become familiar with their new cars.

They can see all the colors, learn about the unique door handles, see the size of the trunk. Sit in all the seats, learn how to adjust those seats. Get a real feel for the physicality of their new cars.

Experts will be on hand to answer specific questions and actually plug and unplug the car. Can talk about different adaptors and check out the information on the display (s).

You can bring your families to see how they fit, and even bring along your child seats to practice getting them installed.

You can see the different size tires/wheels and learn about their impact on range.

Lots of time consuming tasks can be done in this low/no pressure environment. This will save precious moments during the hetic final rush to get as many people delivered as possible prior to EOY.

Even if you do not go, having this event for others will speed up final days deliveries, so that you will not need to wait so long for your turn in the delivery que.

This is truly an optimistic way of looking at it, but I posit that this is also all information you can get scheduling a test drive. The only thing I learned at the orientation was more information about the roadside service, which I could've just asked at any point by just popping in whenever or doing a bit of research.

Yeah speaking of that.... pretty BS if you ask me.

They updated my car trade in from a month ago, and apparently it dropped in value $1200!!! WTF. They said they can’t control the value change. Guess I’ll be going to car max whenever I get a delivery date

Yeah. I would guess that as FY 2019 comes to a close, trade in values drop as cars become a year older. Tesla just has wholesalers buy them, so you can find KBB wholesale online for current times.

Sorry that people have to lose money this way. I’m not sure what hurts most for some people - depreciating trades or renewal of loans and additional credit pulls.

Actually, from the original date of my 10/11 order - to a time within the last 3 or 4 days, I have always been quoted 2-3 weeks on my order page. Delivery times on the actual website have given either “2 weeks” or “2-3 weeks” pretty close to the end of October. I am by far not the only person ordering that has been given prompt delivery estimates that were totally untrue.

We are not “early adopters”. We did not place orders expecting 2-3 month deliveries, but instead 2-3 weeks. The fact is that we have been jerked around and given every delay tactic that Tesla could come up with. IMO, these latest “owner workshops” are just another phase in these delay tactics.

Sorry, but we have the right to share information and gripe.

You should really just cancel your order and go buy a car off of the Ford lot.

Geez, idk how some of you made it this far in life without dropping dead from a heart attack...

People, putting this much energy into complaining EVERY DAY about a process that has been CLEARLY documented multiple times in these forums is not healthy.

In case you missed it the first DOZEN or so times someone explained it to you, here it is again: This is the a Tesla process. It doesn’t matter when you order your car, you get it when your region/batch is scheduled to be produced. That’s it. Flooding the forums with multiple threads complaining isn’t going to change the process. It’s draining to the community. Everyone is waiting. Find a hobby or something.

If you’re that unhappy and need a car go somewhere else.

FYI, a model 3 is not some high end car. It’s $40k. If that’s a lot to you, that’s a personal issue. People who pay 2-10x what you paid routinely wait six months to YEARS before they receive their car. So get over yourself. Tesla owes you nothing.

Geez, idk how some of you made it this far in life without dropping dead from a heart attack...

People, putting this much energy into complaining EVERY DAY about a process that has been CLEARLY documented multiple times in these forums is not healthy.

In case you missed it the first DOZEN or so times someone explained it to you, here it is again: This is the a Tesla process. It doesn’t matter when you order your car, you get it when your region/batch is scheduled to be produced. That’s it. Flooding the forums with multiple threads complaining isn’t going to change the process. It’s draining to the community. Everyone is waiting. Find a hobby or something.

FYI, a model 3 is not some high end car. It’s $40k. If that’s a lot to you, that’s a personal issue. People who pay 2-10x what you paid routinely wait six months to YEARS before they receive their car. So get over yourself. Tesla owes you nothing.
Screen_Shot_2019-10-09_at_10.41.04_AM.png

The message of patience is a great one and it would behoove people to be more patient. The rest of it is elitist bs that does not need to be said. Glad you're in a position to claim $40k is a drop in a bucket, congratulations to you. The rest of us will continue on considering this a"personal issue."

View attachment 477970

The message of patience is a great one and it would behoove people to be more patient. The rest of it is elitist bs that does not need to be said. Glad you're in a position to claim $40k is a drop in a bucket, congratulations to you. The rest of us will continue on considering this a"personal issue."

You missed my point. Generally, price is relative to the level of service you receive. In my experience people who pay much more than $40k complain MUCH less about wait times. The wait is not some Tesla specific problem. This is literally the same process for all “luxury” brands. If you don’t purchase off the lot (if that’s even an option, which usually it isn’t), you’re gonna have to wait. It’s not rocket science.

Some people on here think THEY are the “elite” because they are buying the entry level Tesla and therefore should be hand held and catered to, lol. In relative terms, we (including me) are on a pretty low rung of the ladder, so calm down with the rants, sparky.

This isn’t a customer service issue, this is the Tesla business model. If it isn’t to your standards you’re welcome to cancel your order and take your money somewhere else.

That’s all Tesla will understand, I promise you they’re not checking forums and losing any sleep over orders that aren’t cancelled.

Reactions: ZappCatt and Sherlo

Actually, I died twice and was brought back - twice! So I guess I’m some sort of a celebrity -of sorts!

This is a Tesla process, but they go out of their way to not make it clear. Basically, the policy is that you get the car when they want you to get the car - that is unless you order an S/X and they try a little harder for the extra $ - sometimes.

Of course, if you live in California (even worse, the Bay Area) - forget it. You get your car dead last. They probably don’t like you because you’re just another person to cause traffic congestion around here! You slow down the northbound traffic on 101 that they use often to get cars to a port. We are useless and a nuisance - or so everyone tells me!

Oh, and Tesla isn't a $40,000 car. For some reason, my AWD LR order will cost me around $56,000 (with Cal tax) to drive home. Perhaps its me, and Tesla doesn’t like me enough to charge me more! I already know that California doesn’t like me because we all endanger a lot of species and should move somewhere else.

You should really just cancel your order and go buy a car off of the Ford lot.

No need to buy off the Ford lot - as I want a Tesla. But Ford is about to release the Mach-E EV SUV in 6 hours or so. They will open up a site to wait and order. Not that I want a Ford - I don’t. But lots of other people will. If the preliminary stats on the car are true - it is definitely competition for the Model Y. I wonder what Elon Musk thinks of this - as the competition is grabbing at his heels. They even have a “Performance “ model.

Sorry, but you mentioned Ford, not me. The deluge of copycats begins, and there are tons of people who will go for a familiar name. All this means is that EV’s with some substance will be coming from more than one company. Soon there will be 2, then 3, etc.

Tesla no longer gets to define how miserable the wait for an EV can be - or soon, anyway.

But to be clear - I still want a Tesla.

You missed my point. Generally, price is relative to the level of service you receive. In my experience people who pay much more than $40k complain MUCH less about wait times. The wait is not some Tesla specific problem. This is literally the same process for all “luxury” brands. If you don’t purchase off the lot (if that’s even an option, which usually it isn’t), you’re gonna have to wait. It’s not rocket science.

Some people on here think THEY are the “elite” because they are buying the entry level Tesla and therefore should be hand held and catered to, lol. In relative terms, we (including me) are on a pretty low rung of the ladder, so calm down with the rants, sparky.

This isn’t a customer service issue, this is the Tesla business model. If it isn’t to your standards you’re welcome to cancel your order and take your money somewhere else.

That’s all Tesla will understand, I promise you they’re not checking forums and losing any sleep over orders that aren’t cancelled.
No it's not, actually Model S and X owners get the exact same if not worse service because the Model 3 has become their main focus, Elon himself stated as much last month. And sorry, but no you wouldn't wait "six months to a year" to order an $80-150k vehicle anywhere else, unless it was a limited edition Ferrari, etc. I could walk into any Benz or Audi dealership and buy an S-class or A8 and have it within weeks most likely, esp. because they have them already built or sitting on lots and wouldn't charge me to ship it. You're acting as if Tesla has a huge menu of options, it's one of the most sparse from any manufacturer save Acura IMO.