Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got powerwall 2 instead of powerwall +?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe they still make both, and the main difference between them is that the plus has a solar inverter built in. So, if you don't need the inverter in the powerwall, you get the powerwall 2.
I have a December first install scheduled, solar (10.75 KW) and two powerwalls. Your comment has be wondering whether both will have the inverter, or just one.

Hi, install day is here. Installer told me that I’m getting two powerwall 2 instead of the “+”? I thought Tesla only manufactures “+” now?

The + is only the tesla branded inverter connected to it. You are not missing anything storage wise by getting powerwall 2s. Whether the tesla inverter on it is better or worse than whatever inverter you have separately is up for debate, but You are not missing anything with the actual powerwalls.

Reactions: whitecoathub
I have a December first install scheduled, solar (10.75 KW) and two powerwalls. Your comment has be wondering whether both will have the inverter, or just one.
Hopefully your install will go better. They will not be able fit some of the panels (per design) and they didn’t install any panels since it didn’t get delivered and lost somewhere lol. My power walls did go up.