Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got quoted $880 for Ceramic Pro 9H

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've researched and installed both Ceramic Pro and Opti-Coat Pro Plus on my client's vehicles and I now choose Opti-Coat Pro Plus going forward for several reasons.
If you're only shopping price then that's one thing, but it sounds like you're looking for value. I at least recommend checking out a local Opti-Coat installer to get as much info as possible. Here is the Opti-Coat dealer locator link.

I've researched and installed both Ceramic Pro and Opti-Coat Pro Plus on my client's vehicles and I now choose Opti-Coat Pro Plus going forward for several reasons.
If you're only shopping price then that's one thing, but it sounds like you're looking for value. I at least recommend checking out a local Opti-Coat installer to get as much info as possible. Here is the Opti-Coat dealer locator link.

Yes, i would like to know the reasons too

What reasons ??
From an installer's perspective, the company support from Opti was far superior than CP. Also, you know how companies have cultures/attitudes? Well, I was attracted to Opti's company culture and attitude and really put off by CP... CP had a negative "we're better than everyone and if you disagree then you suck" attitude from its sales reps. Opti was more inclusive and had a friendly education mindset. They stressed to be a positive influence in the detailing world, not a cut-throat divisive one. Opti also has a longer track record for it's coatings and is made in the USA. Opti is more profitable for it's installers due to easier installs but more importantly, company support and having a legit warranty backed by an insurance company, not just the company itself. It's also more profitable because Tesla clients ask for it by name, no one asks me to install CP.
For the end purchaser (you), the previous reasons I mentioned help you because you're dealing with a company and installer relationship that is based on moving the industry forward by giving you what you honestly need, not confusing you with hype ("9H hardness!!!!" etc, which is not relevant at all to you, it's just marketing hype) in an attempt to ride on another company's coattails.
Opti-Coat Pro is a silicon carbide coating, not silicon dioxide like most of the others. I encourage people to do a little scientific research to learn what this really means if they're so inclined. Spending over $1,000 on a coating/service warrants a bit of non-biased research in my opinion.
Ultimately my business has succeeded for over 23 years due to our continuous testing of new products and technologies. I have a choice when deciding what products and services I offer my clients, and since I only service 2-3 clients per day, my local reputation is everything. If I offer an inferior product, my clients will be right back in my shop asking me why, or worse... they'll just disappear into a competitor's shop. Sorry for the long-winded answer, call it passion for my chosen profession! lol

From an installer's perspective, the company support from Opti was far superior than CP. Also, you know how companies have cultures/attitudes? Well, I was attracted to Opti's company culture and attitude and really put off by CP... CP had a negative "we're better than everyone and if you disagree then you suck" attitude from its sales reps. Opti was more inclusive and had a friendly education mindset. They stressed to be a positive influence in the detailing world, not a cut-throat divisive one. Opti also has a longer track record for it's coatings and is made in the USA. Opti is more profitable for it's installers due to easier installs but more importantly, company support and having a legit warranty backed by an insurance company, not just the company itself. It's also more profitable because Tesla clients ask for it by name, no one asks me to install CP.
For the end purchaser (you), the previous reasons I mentioned help you because you're dealing with a company and installer relationship that is based on moving the industry forward by giving you what you honestly need, not confusing you with hype ("9H hardness!!!!" etc, which is not relevant at all to you, it's just marketing hype) in an attempt to ride on another company's coattails.
Opti-Coat Pro is a silicon carbide coating, not silicon dioxide like most of the others. I encourage people to do a little scientific research to learn what this really means if they're so inclined. Spending over $1,000 on a coating/service warrants a bit of non-biased research in my opinion.
Ultimately my business has succeeded for over 23 years due to our continuous testing of new products and technologies. I have a choice when deciding what products and services I offer my clients, and since I only service 2-3 clients per day, my local reputation is everything. If I offer an inferior product, my clients will be right back in my shop asking me why, or worse... they'll just disappear into a competitor's shop. Sorry for the long-winded answer, call it passion for my chosen profession! lol

Thanks for honest reply ..I have used both products on two different Tesla’s and honestly could not tell a difference ..price was about same ..I do agree installer is the key though

Reactions: JasontheBeaver