Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got rear ended - damage does not look too bad but how should I proceed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got back from the detailing shop and they can buff out the majority of the damage and light scratches. There is a 2 inch slim section where the paint went all the way through and you can see the black bumper. I have an appointment on Friday for the detail work so I’ll post a picture when it’s complete.

For the part where it went all the way through, if it’s barely noticeable from a distance I just might keep it instead of a paying a body shop to repaint that section of the bumper. Thankfully the MSM blends it pretty nice with the black plastic of the bumper.

The detail will cost about $150 and I’m guessing the body shop will want around $500 to repaint it

• Informative
Reactions: KenC and cbdream99
The Tesla certified body shop quoted me $1500 to fix everything since they would want to take the entire bumper off and repaint the entire thing. The rear quarter panel above the rear bumper has a slight indented curve to it but no real paint damage.

I think my plan is going to be have the detailing shop fix the majority of the scuffs and ceramic coat the area, then take it to a PDR to align the panel above the bumper so it’s completely flush again. I think I can live with the small part of the bumper missing paint and I’m sure someone else will rear end me in the future so I can get a new bumper then and officially add my first crash to the carfax 🎉

Reactions: brkaus