Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

got rear ended

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
after 5 months of ownership, the virginity has been violated!!:mad: No one injured. The truck couldn't stop in time and hit me pretty hard. Only a "small" dent on the lip of the hatch and a dent and a tear on the bumper. $5500 repair cost. I had my insurance authorize to flat bed tow to nearest Tesla certified body shop (in Atlanta 350 miles away). Hope will be done next week. Having to drive my other ICE cars for past 2 weeks makes you realize how awesome the MS is really is on day to day use!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
after 5 months of ownership, the virginity has been violated!!:mad: No one injured. The truck couldn't stop in time and hit me pretty hard. Only a "small" dent on the lip of the hatch and a dent and a tear on the bumper. $5500 repair cost. I had my insurance authorize to flat bed tow to nearest Tesla certified body shop (in Atlanta 350 miles away). Hope will be done next week. Having to drive my other ICE cars for past 2 weeks makes you realize how awesome the MS is really is on day to day use!!

That sucks. These kinds of accidents are frustrating as there's little one can do to avoid them and sometimes, you literally see them coming in slow motion in your rear view mirror.

I was in one such when I was rear ended in my Acura TL and pushed into the vehicle in front. I could literally see it coming but had no way to avoid it.

Curious as to where you got the Red letter S from in the MODEL S?!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377440097.327883.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377440097.327883.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 860
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377440106.470088.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377440106.470088.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 864
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377440114.686290.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377440114.686290.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 861
after the impact, I was afraid to even see how bad the damage was and very surprised how little it did. But the impact must have been hard enough that it caused the hatch to bow slightly where the seal lifted up in the hatch and water would leak inside. Also caused a small crack in the aluminum hatch inside. Both the bumper and the hatch being replaced.

The red "S" is a home made job. I traced the letter on a piece of paper and cut out a red colored vinyl tape. It matches the red "P" on the P85. I like it.

Why did it have to be towed?
Possibly because he didnt want to drive a vehicle that was just struck in a accident 350 miles to a service center where something could go along the way causing the vehicle to stop functioning leaving him stranded, besides not having enough range to make it 350 miles to the service center + then needing to figure out a way to get back home after dropping it off (unless he would have been given a loaner, though, in that case, it would still be a PITA because it's outside a 85kw range again, and thus having to sit and charge).