Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got sick of waiting for.42, so I reset the displays

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ICUDoc

May 19, 2015
Sydney NSW
and bugger me, 30 minutes later, the phone tells me a new download is available. 2017.42 a88c8d5 installed in 30 minutes or so.
I don’t know if the display-reset trick really works, but there has been a temporal association for me several times!
So, off to drive for a bit and see what all the fuss is about on the main forums....

Probably a little trite to comment after so brief a drive (12 mins on the local 4lane arterial Road), but I am impressed. It has more of that confidence-inspiring stability that AP1 has and tracks really really well. A sharp crest was handled reasonably well (a gentle drift to the left which I corrected, probably prematurely) with no nervous dart to the side, and everything else pretty much perfect.
I look forward to the morning c9mmute to see how she handles that. (OMG did I just say that!?)
Enjoy, all.

There are 2 other .42 threads already so you probably should have tacked on your discussion onto one of those. Nonetheless I agree .42 is the most confidence inducing release I've ever experienced. I no longer have the white knuckles experience gripping the steering wheel waiting for it to do something completely unexpected and stupid.

Reactions: Attica04
Made next to no difference to AP1 cars. Added the folding mirror option which I will never use. I miss the Mobileye updates! They were something!
Sorry the only addition was bad for you, Dborn.
AP2 took me through peak hour traffic in and around the SHT today- actually perfect. I was very pleased (hey, it AINT perfect, eg it wandered too close to the lane lines the other day and I took over, but it’s the best AP2’s ever been- and it’s excellent). I’m so surprised there aren’t more contributions on this forum about its function in Australia (yes I know there’s a general thread but we are special...)