Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got Silk?

Got silk?

• I'm smooth as silk

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • No silk for me yet

Votes: 82 84.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
None yet. But the initial impressions of the 17.22/17.24 releases were kind of mixed.I’d rather them work out the bugs than get something half-baked and be stuck with it until next release.

It’s odd, because the newsletter and Chris Lattner’s resume all make it sound like it’s done and should’ve been deployed by now.

Reactions: bsf29
Unless, of course, the fact that it isn't is why Lattner had to post that resume.

I know it's speculative, but at that point, why would Lattner overstate his contributions to Autopilot after he was essentially let go? He could've just as easily said that he was asked to do the impossible in an unrealistic timeline and decided it wasn't a good fit for him, and rested on his earlier achievements and track record for finding future employment.

I haven't seen anyone post on here with the silky smooth update yet. I'm not sure it has even been released. The only release that could possibly be it is 17.24.28 but there haven't been any posts proclaiming it as "the one" as far as I've seen.

I haven't seen anyone post on here with the silky smooth update yet. I'm not sure it has even been released. The only release that could possibly be it is 17.24.28 but there haven't been any posts proclaiming it as "the one" as far as I've seen.
I've got 17.24.28. 12/16 HW2 S. It's definitely better relatively speaking... now that I've had more time in it I see that highway is much smoother. Local road handing is improved too but still awkward on big turns. I posted my initial feedback in another thread.

17.24.28 released - improved 'silky' update from 17.22.46?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
I'm still waiting....on 17.17.4 right now - but the preliminary reviews of 17.24.28 don't sound very promising, relative to Elon's claim of "silky smooth".

I am still amazed at the claims Elon makes regarding any software release, given his reputation as a tough boss and focused on getting what he wants. Does he actually drive an updated Tesla before he tweets his commentary ??? I love my car overall, but I can't believe any A-type personality like Mr. Musk would drive one, activate Autosteer, and not understand that it isn't ready for prime-time yet (and actually scary in some circumstances), and is only going to anger his loyal customer base. I'd be apologizing to all the folks who shelled out $3-$8K for a feature, advertised to be ready in Dec 2016, that currently has no real timeline for 100% reliable functionality in sight
How can he possibly be satisfied with the current results ?

I'm frustrated that AP2 doesn't work right yet, but I understand some of the reasons why it might need more time to perfect. But I'm angry that Musk himself has the balls to say it's "silky smooth", implying a great driving experience, when he knows it's no where near up to snuff yet...

I'm still waiting....on 17.17.4 right now - but the preliminary reviews of 17.24.28 don't sound very promising, relative to Elon's claim of "silky smooth".

I am still amazed at the claims Elon makes regarding any software release, given his reputation as a tough boss and focused on getting what he wants. Does he actually drive an updated Tesla before he tweets his commentary ??? I love my car overall, but I can't believe any A-type personality like Mr. Musk would drive one, activate Autosteer, and not understand that it isn't ready for prime-time yet (and actually scary in some circumstances), and is only going to anger his loyal customer base. I'd be apologizing to all the folks who shelled out $3-$8K for a feature, advertised to be ready in Dec 2016, that currently has no real timeline for 100% reliable functionality in sight
How can he possibly be satisfied with the current results ?

I'm frustrated that AP2 doesn't work right yet, but I understand some of the reasons why it might need more time to perfect. But I'm angry that Musk himself has the balls to say it's "silky smooth", implying a great driving experience, when he knows it's no where near up to snuff yet...

I share that sentiment. He atleast needs to fire the person who told him it's Silky Smooth - and perhaps that's what happened.

Reactions: Sather