TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Got smacked by a piece of road debris on the way home tonight

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by CjRichMar, Mar 26, 2018.

1. CjRichMar

CjRichMar Member

I'm trying to decide how much of a priority I should place on getting this fixed. The right front headlight is slightly cracked and the paint is scratched. Looks like the paint scratches might buff out, but I fear that the replacement lens won't e available until some time around when the first SpaceX colony is founded on Mars. Pics below.

Attached Files:

2. goto10

goto10 Member

I'd get in touch with a Tesla-certified body shop right away. As you say it could be ages before there's actually a part. It would kill me to be driving my new baby around in that shape.

• Like x 1
  3. C141medic

C141medic Active Member

I’d at least try to get headlight fixed before it spreads. Not sure if Safelite will repair this type of issue but it’s worth a shot asking. Sorry to hear about the mishap.

• Like x 1
  4. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

I would get it fixed, just to prevent it from getting worse and eventually damaging the light and you losing a headlight at some point. Unless you can seal it over with a clear epoxy or resin to keep moisture, etc out. That does suck tho.

I was pleasantly surprised by parts availability at my local Tesla shop, by the way. They had the undercarriage aero shield on hand when I ran over a ladder.

• Like x 1
  5. Barklikeadog

Barklikeadog Active Member

Get it fixed or You will need an eyepatch

• Like x 1