Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got squeezed into the curb by tow truck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the feedback (besides the 'OP drives into curb looks for who to blame' joke, lmao). Maybe the truck driver was having an I'm coming through and I aint gonna move kind of bad day, or whatever. I may contact insurance, I do have video, and may contact the tow company to at least let them know about the driver.

Please don't spend more of your hours on my $200 problem 😂😂 - and really, thanks.

You see the car on the other side of the road the tow truck is trying to avoid? That the OP would have seen too.
So the tow truck should've yielded to OP since the parked car was on his side of the road. If you imagine a lane divider in the middle of the road, the tow truck had to "cross" the divider to avoid the parked card which meant he intruded OP's lane.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide
I would suggest OP needed to move only an inch to avoid damaging their rim.

Don’t be so dramatic.
Hey man, I'm just proving a point. We have the opportunity to sit here and analyze the picture to see how far OP was from the curb and the truck for as long as we want. But in that moment OP only had mere seconds to make a decision, and he decided to not get hit by the truck head-on.

• Disagree
Hey man, I'm just proving a point. We have the opportunity to sit here and analyze the picture to see how far OP was from the curb and the truck for as long as we want. But in that moment OP only had mere seconds to make a decision, and he decided to not get hit by the truck head-on.
Their decision was to swerve (too hard) and damage their own wheel. Go get it fixed, or don't.

• Funny
Reactions: Corndart and glide
If OP continued straight he would've collided head-on with the truck. He chose to protect himself, I'm sure he didn't care about his wheel at that point lol
Were you there? Seems like you have a lot of “facts” the rest of us don’t.

Going by OP’s story and the photos *they* provided, this was an avoidable scenario. Regardless of what the tow truck was doing.

• Disagree
Reactions: YNoVA
Were you there? Seems like you have a lot of “facts” the rest of us don’t.

Going by OP’s story and the photos *they* provided, this was an avoidable scenario. Regardless of what the tow truck was doing.
You don’t understand. We can say its avoidable after viewing the photos but when you’re in the moment you don’t have hours to make decision… you act like OP knew what was briefed on what was about to happen and told him how to exactly react.

• Disagree