Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got T-Boned

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has the car been declared totaled? If you can pull the back seat manual cable under the seat, you can open the back door and flip down the seat, but without any power, you won't be able to open any doors unless you break the window and reach in which can be very messy. Perhaps charging the 16v for a day or hours can give enough juice to open the trunk. This is the downside of everything electronic in Tesla, the emergency guide listed all methods to open the door from the inside without power but no mention of the other way, in an odd case like this can be challenging.
Not yet, shop is just sitting on the car waiting to rip it apart for an estimate. The back seats wouldn't release, didn't see any manual release. Shop will have to figure that out.

16F4FF2E-D5D2-4390-992F-F88813F56E31.jpeg

I too was t-boned a few days ago. it was a large suv - she was talking on her phone and didn’t know what happened. She ran the red light at 40-50mph one witness said. the metal was actually bent inside the door. So happy Teslas are so safe. They said if she hit my door, it would have been so much worse. Waiting for the adjuster to let me know if it’s totaled. Since the actual wheel is bent than the axel is a problem. I paid a lot more for the Tesla because it was right before the price increase. Plus I had the car wrapped and ceramic coated so we put more money into it- does anyone know if that is taken into account? I’ll keep you updated

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
View attachment 957821

I too was t-boned a few days ago. it was a large suv - she was talking on her phone and didn’t know what happened. She ran the red light at 40-50mph one witness said. the metal was actually bent inside the door. So happy Teslas are so safe. They said if she hit my door, it would have been so much worse. Waiting for the adjuster to let me know if it’s totaled. Since the actual wheel is bent than the axel is a problem. I paid a lot more for the Tesla because it was right before the price increase. Plus I had the car wrapped and ceramic coated so we put more money into it- does anyone know if that is taken into account? I’ll keep you updated
Yes, additional items added after-the-fact ARE considered if you provide invoices and the like, as they would be a factor if you sold the car. Cars are, by definition, unique, and yours would have had more value than the typical comparable Tesla as a result.

HOWEVER, you will likely have to find your own comps to contest the value being suggested by the other party's insurance company, or yours for that matter.

One great source for used Tesla pricing/values (or any car really) is this site:

Autotempest.com

Do please keep us posted on how this ends up!