Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got the car today - almost smooth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time we saw the car we found a lot of cosmetic touches - most were fixed within the hour. MCU is V2. See pics.
Wifi stopped working when we got home - had to reset the car.
Summon still doesn't work - support said it will work when we get to 100 miles.

Attachments

• IMG_0553.jpg
    IMG_0553.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 542
  • IMG_0555.jpg
    IMG_0555.jpg
    352.6 KB · Views: 503
  • IMG_0556.jpg
    IMG_0556.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 492
  • IMG_0558.jpg
    IMG_0558.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 499
  • IMG_0560.jpg
    IMG_0560.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 480
  • IMG_0561.jpg
    IMG_0561.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 504
  • IMG_0566.jpg
    IMG_0566.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 495
  • IMG_6313.jpg
    IMG_6313.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 498
First time we saw the car we found a lot of cosmetic touches - most were fixed within the hour. MCU is V2. See pics.
Wifi stopped working when we got home - had to reset the car.
Summon still doesn't work - support said it will work when we get to 100 miles.
Those seem like big flaws for a 100 grand car! Broken seals in a brand new car? I mean, what sort of quality check does the Delivery center guys do?
Thanks for the detailed pics. Definitely gives me an idea of what to look for when I take delivery.

Update:
More problems - quiet from Tesla for the past couple of days.. kind of disappointing.
New problems:
  • Blurry driver screen (happened twice - fixed with reset)(see picture)
  • Microphone stops working sometimes (at the middle of a call)
  • Summon doesn't work from phone (works well from fob)
  • Weird noise coming out when the car is on (https://photos.app.goo.gl/YQDTgxTHNOsGS1Ut2)
  • Noise from driver door when above 80mph (probably because the seal is not perfect as you can see in the picture above)
  • Referral $500 are not redeemable online?! Have to go to a service center and buy something?
Sent them another email today - waiting to see how they respond. Also shared this thread with them :)

Attachments

• Blury.png
    Blury.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 395
Update:
More problems - quiet from Tesla for the past couple of days.. kind of disappointing.
New problems:
  • Blurry driver screen (happened twice - fixed with reset)(see picture)
  • Microphone stops working sometimes (at the middle of a call)
  • Summon doesn't work from phone (works well from fob)
  • Weird noise coming out when the car is on (https://photos.app.goo.gl/YQDTgxTHNOsGS1Ut2)
  • Noise from driver door when above 80mph (probably because the seal is not perfect as you can see in the picture above)
  • Referral $500 are not redeemable online?! Have to go to a service center and buy something?
Sent them another email today - waiting to see how they respond. Also shared this thread with them :)
Serious problems! That noise sounds scary...as if it is a hum from a high speed spinning motor.
I would’ve guessed it was a camera shake had you not mentioned the screen was blurry. Hope they fix these things for you soon.
Things are not looking good for Tesla this week. I want them to bounce back.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for the photo of the interior forward looking shot in your car. Not that familiar with the MX being a MS owner. I think the decision for potential owners of going with a 2nd row console vs no console depends on how frequently you need that 3rd row seating. I see the console as nice to have and use and gives the passengers there a place to rest their arms (think of the movie theater when you either have the arm rest up or down between seats--we almost always move them up). BTW does that 2nd console open up for storage?

I hope your issues get resolved quickly. Most look more cosmetic and easy fix. Wonder why the screen is acting up that way...connecting wire or defective part? I know the Teslas make different sounds normally but your sound to me seems to be partly one of parts vibrating maybe against each other. Interested to find out where it's from. The concern that looked the worse to me was the img_0561.jpg. Was that the framing and seal at your roof area? Let us know how you make out with service on these.

Don't know about expiration, but as I understand it can only be used for tesla gear/accessories and cannot be used for service.
The credit specifically mentioned service and it cannot be used for service?

From referral page:
In addition to unlimited Supercharging, the first friend each owner refers between February 1 and April 30 will also receive a $500 credit toward service or accessories.

Reactions: rjdoc74
The credit specifically mentioned service and it cannot be used for service?

From referral page:
In addition to unlimited Supercharging, the first friend each owner refers between February 1 and April 30 will also receive a $500 credit toward service or accessories.
I'd say go with that then, sometimes I wonder how much OAs really know when they tell us these things lol.

Reactions: rjdoc74
Tried to change the continues press setting - didn't work.
New day new problem:
No sound at all
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yWXSlIC1laH2GTLS2

I've been emailing them every day - last response was 3 days ago on the 27th. Not sure if I should escalate and if I should - how? Didn't expect something like this to happen with a new Tesla.
I'd say just drive to a service center and tell them you're having these issues. That's probably the quickest way to get this taken care of.

Reactions: PrGrPa